Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 88 84.62%
(16) The World is Not Enough 16 15.38%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: call me the graph maker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PokerAce is just peddling his product, nothing more...he doesn't like it that Holdem Manager is showing them up. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had that exact same thought when I read the post from Josh. A new totals graph would contribute nothing but bring some attention to pokertracker v. 3

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to bump this (I was out of town for most of the weekend), but I feel I should defend myself. I was replying because someone said the HM graph was ugly. I was offering to show a graph that wasn't so "ugly".

As for HM showing us up, alpha tests will likely start before too much longer, so you'll hear opinions from people other than those involved in development. We're not worried.

I'm trying not to come off as arrogant or cocky, but seriously, those of you who are saying HM is going to kill PokerTracker are going to feel a bit silly once PT3 is released.

[/ QUOTE ]

ace, i think you came off fine. it makes sense for you to step in. you could import all of the hands into pt3 and provide us with those nice graphs we're use to. i for one still would like to see them. you came off as just being helpful, not spammy. obviously, you're not an idiot and realize that it would be some good pr, but there's nothing wrong with that. phil stepped up to offer the beta of ev grapher and then he slammed you for doing the same thing. thought that was pretty classless on his part.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:30 PM

Sorry, I was just responding to posts directed to me.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:31 PM

np
Old 10-15-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PokerAce is just peddling his product, nothing more...he doesn't like it that Holdem Manager is showing them up. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had that exact same thought when I read the post from Josh. A new totals graph would contribute nothing but bring some attention to pokertracker v. 3

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to bump this (I was out of town for most of the weekend), but I feel I should defend myself. I was replying because someone said the HM graph was ugly. I was offering to show a graph that wasn't so "ugly".

As for HM showing us up, alpha tests will likely start before too much longer, so you'll hear opinions from people other than those involved in development. We're not worried.

I'm trying not to come off as arrogant or cocky, but seriously, those of you who are saying HM is going to kill PokerTracker are going to feel a bit silly once PT3 is released.

[/ QUOTE ]

ace, i think you came off fine. it makes sense for you to step in. you could import all of the hands into pt3 and provide us with those nice graphs we're use to. i for one still would like to see them. you came off as just being helpful, not spammy. obviously, you're not an idiot and realize that it would be some good pr, but there's nothing wrong with that. phil stepped up to offer the beta of ev grapher and then he slammed you for doing the same thing. thought that was pretty classless on his part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the support. My real ulterior motive was to get 1.6m hand histories to test my PokerStars import routine. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 03:37 PM

yeah, dunno why people are so uptight.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You sound worried though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This PT/HM debate is retarded and is starting to generate fanboys and approach the same level of idiocy as X360 vs PS3 arguments. It's good to have some solid competition in the poker software market because the end result is that we will have better products to choose from. Jesus.

/hijack
Old 10-15-2007, 04:54 PM

lol, now Im bumping this: Ace, I really didnt see you asking for the hhs. Could you have made (could you still make) one of the "classic" pokergrapher/PT graphs? Or is it gonna be a new graphing from integrated into PT3? Either way, if you want the hhs you may have them. Less than no problem.

All his hhs are still on some server. Shoot me a pm with your mail address if you would still like them.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't play that many tournaments because I think they are even more rigged and luck infested than the cash games...they are clearly fixed...if you have less chips than the guy you are all in against on PStars you lose practically every time...I did a study on this and emailed PStars, they tried to prove my sample size wasn't big enough so I got mad at stopped playing a lot of tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

You show 'em who's boss, FGators!
Old 10-15-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-16-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, now Im bumping this: Ace, I really didnt see you asking for the hhs. Could you have made (could you still make) one of the "classic" pokergrapher/PT graphs? Or is it gonna be a new graphing from integrated into PT3? Either way, if you want the hhs you may have them. Less than no problem.

All his hhs are still on some server. Shoot me a pm with your mail address if you would still like them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the hand histories. After a 4.5 hour import, here's the result:

Now, I realize this looks a little different than the HM graph. That's because PT3 imported 1,565,869 hands and the HM screenshot only shows 1,555,729 hands. That's an additional 10,140 hands in PT3. Pretty big difference actually. About $10k (PT3: -$28,383.90, HM: -$18,853.10).

Looks like FGators ran worse than we thought. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]