Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 10:56 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

[ QUOTE ]
Quick - Someone tell me the cure for spewage?? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Logging off is usually what it takes for me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2007, 10:58 PM

Path .... I commented on this yesterday and earlier today and I will say it again (tho this is the last time)

You are all over the place, talking about this and that and now MONKEYS.

I don't care how good you think you are, but the minutes you start seing them as monkeys, retards and whatever, you are starting a slide towards Tiltville and your C or worse-game.

Also all this the table is this and the table is that .. and I'm due for a slide or win .... it is also crap, Superstitious Mumbo Jumbo is what it is.

Listen, you want to play loose, then play loose ... you will have some tougher decisions to make at some point in the hand, but what does not brake you ... etc etc .. blah blah.

Poker is about two things, estimating ranges and fold equity ... if you can do that good, then you are on your way to win.

The reason most like to play tight poker at the micros, is because fold equity is very low ... you are often showdown bound, but they prefer not to think too much, so they prefer not to have to estimate if their MP4K is good vs villians or no and so on. (Esp. oop this can be a problem, ip you can at least do a wee bit of pot controling)

But just playing the premiums and valuebetting to death is not the only way to play the micros, and if you want to play loose that is fine.

But I would advice you to cut down on the crazy catlady talk and buckle up, which ever way you choose to do it, you still have to prove it every single hand and suckouts will occur too boot.

Like I had two sets over sets today and twice villians rivered their gutshots ... yet I'm up a nice chip and happy

You have a very nice winrate showing for today, yet you whine ... blah blah .. suckout ... my mistake ... blah blah.

Well noone plays mistake free poker, some just don't go ballistic over it.

Now in the words of ama

(Disclamer: No personal injury or offence is meant, I think Path knows this ... and now the rest of you know it ... I actually like the guy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 09-08-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quick - Someone tell me the cure for spewage?? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

SNGs
Old 09-08-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SNGs

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL or the 12$ 180 man turbo, fun donkament which last 1:30 and can yield big bucks. Finished 2nd in it 2 days ago for 400$. Im building a new roll on stars for anti-tilt issues!
Old 09-08-2007, 11:09 PM

7-tabled UB for the first time, man its fast and furious and I like it. My hourly rate is going way up with 3 more table than before!!!!

made a nice 4BI today even if I got quadded while I had a set over his set for 150-175BB. Poker is so fun.

Whats more is that I can stack people on so many tables.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I should've bought that damn 1600x1200 3 months ago!!! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] DELL 20"
Old 09-08-2007, 11:11 PM

No offense taken. My biggest problem is I try to be perfect. Got to get that out my head.

And yeah when all the villains seem like the same monkey/retard/etc I stop. If I keep going it gets bad.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah so I was up 24 in 500 hands and figured I would play some in the evening since its Saturday. Didn't go so well. My theory now is if table VPIP is over 40 I cannot play it. 25-35 table VPIP I play great. But the stations forever knock my train off course. Of course I dropped a buyin with overpair against set on draw heavy board when I knew guy had a set, I actually called his hand out before I raised him and called his shove. Really got to stop doing that. That makes 3 buyins I have called exact hand and still raised or called all in.

How today turned out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have become very selective in who I shove with overpairs playing the UB 10NL. I find it works best when my image is very aggressive. Stacking off otherwise has not been very lucrative for me as most of the UB 10NL crowd will not get in a full stack without 2 Pair+ or a Pair plus draws.

EDIT:

Also, 40% VPIP is absolutely awesome and is indicative of the weekends on UB. So many LAGtastic donkeys and gigantic fish that it makes me drool just thinking about it. The key to playing a 40% VPIP table is realizing that if you have a lot to the flop then your TP is gonna either not be the best or is going to get beaten more than you would normally anticipate and adjust accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see 40+VPIP tables (at least 1-2, even with me in it playing 16/12) at 100NL UB everyday. Pretty standard.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Logging off is usually what it takes for me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Logging off and just doing something else for 15 mins usually works. That or play limit, or stud, if you know the games well it's kind of hard to play too bad--not as much tilt IMO.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:12 PM

oh noes! gelford seems grumpy again!

u forget ur calcium vitamins today? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2007, 11:13 PM

Where can I get me a quick little stud 101?
Closed Thread