heel 0 0%
face 0 0%
BASTARD! 2 40.00%
ship it holla trollas 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, OCTOBER, READ RULES IN TOP POST

party steps are often recognised as a rake trap.

i assume stars will be the same.

more substnatially, in the steps process, couple of points:
-in levels where multiple seats/progressions are awarded, ICM is more important as cEV and $ev diverges much more
-in levels where there is just one prize, cEV and $EV is identical
Old 10-16-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
party steps are often recognised as a rake trap.

i assume stars will be the same.

more substnatially, in the steps process, couple of points:
-in levels where multiple seats/progressions are awarded, ICM is more important as cEV and $ev diverges much more
-in levels where there is just one prize, cEV and $EV is identical

[/ QUOTE ]

so basically if 3-5 get to try the same step again and 1-2 move up, play tighter early than in a regular sng?
Old 10-16-2007, 12:13 AM

I haven't done the math, but if 3-5 repeat and 1-2 promote, there are obviously two bubbles - one from 3 -> 2 and one from 6 -> 5. i'd imagine that people playing the steps are not SNG experts, and playing tight early would be very good, and that because of the very flattened structure, playing tight early would be rewarded mathematically as well.

both offer opportunities to be aggressive and steal, and both you should call very tightly on if you're a middle-sized stack, i guess.

it probably wouldn't be too difficult to create a custom structure file for SNGPT and play around with some numbers.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you dont file as a pro you cant use the net figure you have to use gross winnings as your income and itemize your losing sessions as deductions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know if you can you claim as a pro even if you work a full time job as long as you play to make money and treat it as a business?

I don't see why you couldn't, since you can work a full time job and run a part time business on the side. Why would poker winnings have to be your primary source of income to file as a pro?

My tax pro seems confused on this issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

My tax guy just takes my net minus expenses and adds that to my job income. I'm not sure but I think he is doing what you say here John. He is an excellent CPA and is very confident that he is doing it properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't finished the thread yet, but in case it hasn't been mentioned I believe Cha is filing as a pro, which means this is fine. If you are not filing as a pro, then my understanding is the same as the original quote above.

My non-expert understanding, fwiw...
Old 10-16-2007, 12:27 AM

btw as far as rake the levels ill be playing and up would be $75+7, $200+15, $670+$30, $2000+$100 so that doesnt seem too bad
Old 10-16-2007, 12:32 AM

yeah, but you'll end up paying those rakes repeatedly.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:36 AM

ahh god im a moron
Old 10-16-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
some b b and v,

my roommates gf had a party on saturday night, filled with hot young single S L U T S (brag), but i have a gf (b,b,v). anyways there are a few pretty hot girls that seem into me which was annoying since i had a gf. i went into the bathroom while 2 of the girls were doing something with their hair, and they both stopped what they were doing and tried to get my clothes off, they were deff going to rape me. i begrudgingly told them to get out so i could go to the bathroom. later on as i was about to leave with my friend and gf, this girl starts rubbing on my dick whuile my gf was 2 feet away, im like, uhhh, i have a gf, and it was funny and awkward.

[/ QUOTE ]

rape me,,,, rape me,,, my friend...

RAYYYPEE MEEEE

RAYPPPPE MEEEEEEE
RAYPEEE MEEEEE AGAIN

just busted in a 2k sng, nice knowing you all Ima go find a cliff in VA and jump off it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks man, when you said you got a step 6 seat I was really hoping for you to come through.

Hand history? What place did you get?

Given the competition do you think you had a fair shot at picking up a seat?

[/ QUOTE ]

HH prob isnt needed, was just pretty carddead for the first hour, the 2 or 3 times I had a hand it basically folded to me, last hand was me pushing ~8bbs from utg+1 7 handed at 150/300/25 with A4, Kinda eh but calling ranges were tight and I wasnt getting chances to shove from LP plus blinds were gonna go up fairly soon so Im not too unhappy with it. Am I +ev in it? Yes I believe I am but its very thin, like there were somewhere between 6-8 pretty soft seats(a p5s star included) but even the soft seats got the idea that they should prob be folding alot so you end up with shallow stacks with ~14 people still in, no one is gonna have THAT much of an edge really. Also its 3k starting stack which I didnt realize til it started.

As an example though of what you started to see was at 25/50 eff stacks 2500 Co raises to 150, button flats, SB raises to 600, button shoves, and sb calls with AT, uhh yeah clearly not the sharktank people want to make it seem like. I'll probably go for another one at some point.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:48 AM

Cliff's Notes: The Absolute Poker cheaters are linked to the Kahnawake Gaming Commission.

Long Version:
1) During a tournament played by cheater 'Potripper,' the person who ended up coming second ("Marco") thought he was cheated. He emailed Absolute, and they sent him a hand history file - an XLS file.

2) Marco opened up this file, it seemed all gibberish to him, and he didn't think anything of it.

3) First Absolute Poker scandal blow up - PT screenshots, etc.

4) Fortnight passes

5) In passing discussion, Marco mentions he has this file. He shares it with N854020 (pokerdb.com maintainer, maker of The Poker Film, part owner of Bluff Media) who analyses what is in this file

6) Nat (N8...) & 2p2 poster Snagglepuss discover that this file is a complete hand history for the tournament - showing every table, and all hole cards of every player

7) Big excitement over #6

8) In further analysis, Nat + Snagglepuss discovers that this file contains IP addresses and user details (including email addresses) of people observing the table

9) In #8, they discover user #363 is observing PotRipper's table the whole time

10) At the start of the tournament, for the two hands that user #363 is not observing the table, Potripper folds preflop. He doesn't fold another hand pre-flop for 20minutes, when he open-folds with KK held by a player behind him.

11) The IP address recorded for user #363 tracks out to be a user who uses email hosted by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission (More info at http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...mber=12520697)
Old 10-16-2007, 12:49 AM

I dont buy the whole rake trap argument, a good sng player should be able to better adapt to the flat structure then alot of the people playing them, your investment is constant if you reenter to the same level, and its not really different than playing a sng over and over that has a flat payout.
Closed Thread