Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

[ QUOTE ]
Played a bunch of FPP qualifiers, ran hot and won the following seats:

Sunday Million ($215)
WCOOP Event 1 6max HE 400k ($215)
WCOOP Event 5 NLHE 2mil ($530)
WCOOP Main Event Qualifier ($320)

Whats my play?

Unregister and sell the $T or $W (Does anyone know how selling works) and enjoy a nice 25 buy in score? (50nl)

Or do I throw caution to the wind and man up and win millions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd cash in and move up to 100NL ....

.... but if you're in the mood for fun, then have fun [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2007, 10:03 PM

Am I a friggin donkey here...does anyone else think that not calling this river bet is criminal?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...387&page=0

Sorry to link to a post already in the forums, but this may be a huge leak for me...
Old 09-08-2007, 10:29 PM

Yeah so I was up 24 in 500 hands and figured I would play some in the evening since its Saturday. Didn't go so well. My theory now is if table VPIP is over 40 I cannot play it. 25-35 table VPIP I play great. But the stations forever knock my train off course. Of course I dropped a buyin with overpair against set on draw heavy board when I knew guy had a set, I actually called his hand out before I raised him and called his shove. Really got to stop doing that. That makes 3 buyins I have called exact hand and still raised or called all in.

How today turned out.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:33 PM

So I am currently riding a 9BI heater (w00t!) and hopefully getting back to even from my most recent slide. In looking at my Poker EV graphs from today I am a bit concerned:

So both my Sklansky Bucks and All In luck are horribly skewed to show that I am luckboxing it big time. The concern that I have here is am I just riding the good variance as opposed to actually knowing how to play? I don’t expect to be able to run a 25+ PT BB/100 wave without some luck, but this is damn near all luck!

Do these graphs look way out of line to anyone, or do we all see this from time to time?
Old 09-08-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah so I was up 24 in 500 hands and figured I would play some in the evening since its Saturday. Didn't go so well. My theory now is if table VPIP is over 40 I cannot play it. 25-35 table VPIP I play great. But the stations forever knock my train off course. Of course I dropped a buyin with overpair against set on draw heavy board when I knew guy had a set, I actually called his hand out before I raised him and called his shove. Really got to stop doing that. That makes 3 buyins I have called exact hand and still raised or called all in.

How today turned out.

[/ QUOTE ]

40+vpip is a gold mine. But imo a 20% pfr is a lil too high with that kind of average unless you are getting slapped in the face.

All you have to do is adjust and play mostly premiums...toss the suited connectors and hammer the crap out of big aces, big kings and pocket pairs preflop. Also start cbeting less...in and out of position. Most of them will have a low AF and a crappy fold to cbet %.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How today turned out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have become very selective in who I shove with overpairs playing the UB 10NL. I find it works best when my image is very aggressive. Stacking off otherwise has not been very lucrative for me as most of the UB 10NL crowd will not get in a full stack without 2 Pair+ or a Pair plus draws.

EDIT:

Also, 40% VPIP is absolutely awesome and is indicative of the weekends on UB. So many LAGtastic donkeys and gigantic fish that it makes me drool just thinking about it. The key to playing a 40% VPIP table is realizing that if you have a lot to the flop then your TP is gonna either not be the best or is going to get beaten more than you would normally anticipate and adjust accordingly.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:40 PM

It was only that high because people fold to me in button or cutoff and I raise it or I attempt to isolate the fish. Problem is I isolate the fish who has JJ and cannot fold it when I hit the nut flush on the turn and we get money in and river pairs board making him the boat. But I am normally around 20/17 anyway (even at NL2) so not like this is out my comfort zone.

I am the king of thin value!
Old 09-08-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was only that high because people fold to me in button or cutoff and I raise it or I attempt to isolate the fish. Problem is I isolate the fish who has JJ and cannot fold it when I hit the nut flush on the turn and we get money in and river pairs board making him the boat. But I am normally around 20/17 anyway (even at NL2) so not like this is out my comfort zone.

I am the king of thin value!

[/ QUOTE ]

On an average table...thats vpip ~30. I run about 23/19/2.5. When I got the fishes >40% vpip average I am more like 20/15/1.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How today turned out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have become very selective in who I shove with overpairs playing the UB 10NL. I find it works best when my image is very aggressive. Stacking off otherwise has not been very lucrative for me as most of the UB 10NL crowd will not get in a full stack without 2 Pair+ or a Pair plus draws.

EDIT:

Also, 40% VPIP is absolutely awesome and is indicative of the weekends on UB. So many LAGtastic donkeys and gigantic fish that it makes me drool just thinking about it. The key to playing a 40% VPIP table is realizing that if you have a lot to the flop then your TP is gonna either not be the best or is going to get beaten more than you would normally anticipate and adjust accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much but I got the stars version without fold button. And when that happened I had raised and last 5 hands in a row and took it down by turn so I guess in some defense he could have had TP+NFD as well as set problem is I called him out on 77 when I called his shove lol.

It just sucks cause I am very good at knowing where I am postflop against these monkeys and after like the same one sucks out on you five times in a row and you have to fold your top pair or two pair etc it gets annoying. Too bad I don't feel like playing anymore cause I am sure someone will donk off a buyin or two eventually.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:54 PM

Quick - Someone tell me the cure for spewage?? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Closed Thread