Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: "Crazy Bitch"
Great song! 14 77.78%
The *greatest* song! 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Yay or nay

No one started a separate thread for this so wtf. January results:
17:55 hours of cardio
11561 calories burned
9 pounds dropped
Woot!

Oh, 5 bb/100 over 3k hands, mostly .25/.50 (180bb)
Old 02-01-2007, 09:40 PM

2.5k hands 1/2 = -$180
5k hands 2/4 = +$160

bonus:
will hill: ~+$50
stars: +$150
party: +$100

stars shop:
+1 holdem for advanced* players (autographed)
+1 Theory of Poker (autographed)

i suck so much at poker.

*i cleary dont meet this requisite.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I'm not really sure what I was getting at with 4. I think what I may have meant was since I'm interested in philosophy, including philosophy of mind, which has some conceptual crossover with cognitive science, you and I could have interesting conversations. I realize that's not at all what I said but holla.

Anyway I like Shadow intend my use of "gay" as coated with irony. I'm really not homophobic at all and mean no offense by it.

Damn, sorry I forgot about the story. You should have shown up earlier to prompt me about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

We could undoubtedly have had interesting conversations about philosophy of mind back when i remembered anything about it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Ultimately, i think that the arguments about dualism or token/type identity or whatever are pretty fruitless. If you want me to pick a side, i'll come down with John Searle and "consciousness is what the brain does just as digestion is what the stomach does" or i'll play up my agnostic side and pick Mysterianism (we can never understand the nature of what the mind is because we are stuck using minds to explore the question).

Anyway, i have a hard time speaking intelligently about it anymore. Also, i took most of the philosophy-type classes early in my college career and ended with more linguistics and neuroscience, so those are ultimately the facets i find more interesting.

I understand that you are not a homophobe, but i still cringe a little when i hear or read the word "gay" used in that way. Hopefully you can understand why this is so. You are a better, more cultured person than to need to call something gay to convey your discontent about it.

I look forward to the drunkern story another time.

tyler
Old 02-01-2007, 10:25 PM

Lol.
I cant help myself. But this is the NC thread, right?
Wookie: Dont ban me, although I was really assy last time. I wont post any more in the "strategy" forums. (The chess players among you will understand the quotation marks)
Not to you, though, was I?

Dyson, Miles: You can call me mentally retarded troll. You can do whatever you want. But by the way, I like "The vapid void" or "The shallow emptiness" much more. That is funky. Not the first one, bah! We are not mentally discharged kiddos who play WoW? Or ones who are roll-playing The Lord of The Rings? Are we?

Modern, Dr: You can be pissed off because you study philosophy and nobody cares about it any more. That IS a reason to be pissed off, I agree.
But the problem is: Nobody cares including me.
Except in England btw where philosophy is not a respectable profession, but a respectable study subject. Goldman Sachs for instance loves to hire PPEs from Oxford.

And Lol. Why I actually made this post and why I "gi-gi-giggled" at the beginning was:
fretelöo: Is that Right Said Fraid on your image? The very important um... pop (or whatever?) group with the lol, what should I say: considerable (?) song: Come on And Sleep With Me? Is it them?

Congratulations to all of ýou,

fish.
Closed Thread