** Dealing River ** [ 10d ]
** Summary **
KDM1983 shows [ Ad Qd ].
DLizzle shows [ 2s 2h ].
DLizzle shows [ 2s 2h ].
KDM1983 shows [ Ad Qd ].
KDM1983 collected [$779.6].

[/ QUOTE ]

while thats obviously a rough beat, i hate the preflop UTG+1 limp and flat call of a raise OOP with 22. you got lucky here that he was willing to stack off like a big donkey with nothing but i dont think thats the most profitable way to play a pp (especially one where any flop without a deuce you're pretty much c/folding to a very likely standard cbet).

i'm not sure how everyone else plays pp's like this preflop but i'd say the majority raise any pp first in 100% of the time. from reading your posts over the last month i know you're on a big downswing but maybe it isnt being helped by fundamental sub optimal play like this.

sorry if that sounds preachy, i'm just trying to help you. i'm sure the majority of your bad run is simple bad variance but if thats your standard way to play 22 preflop i think you need to reexamine your basic strategy...??

EDIT: ok, just noticed you're not OOP postflop but a lot of the time you will be if CO or button raise and not one of the blinds. don't think it changes my basic point tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

knew this would come, but I had my reasons. I was fully expecting everybody that limped pre to call behind me from the way the table was (they sucked). You are right that I will prob check/fold any non 2 flop, but if I do hit one I'm probably gonna win a large pot against these people, evidenced by the fact that he did open push the flop. Not sure what the math is on this, but I don't think my play preflop is so bad considering the huge implied odds given by my opponents borderline retarded play. I wasn't paying much attention preflop here though, I agree that the call is questionable.

[/ QUOTE ]

in that case then your play is fine. usually though i wouldnt expect your implied odds to be that great in an unraised pot even if you do flop a set with 22 but if the table is rubbish then you probably do have enough odds to limp/call. if the table was playing limpy family pot poker though you might as well join the fun with 22.

anyway, hope your bad run ends soon. fwiw, the post below you made in january (which i will copy/paste because i'm a moron who doesn't know how to link it properly) is one of only 3 2+2 bookmarks i have saved in my favorites. i've never heard a better analysis of a downswing. its brutally accurate and honest. here it is for anyone who missed it:

"anything can happen. i have lost at almost every different limit/game I have played this month, and the highest limit I have played I had over 30 buyins for. Yes, some/quite a bit of this is due to bad play, but I'm pretty much running worse than I thought it was possible to run.

It's not just like I get it all in and get unlucky, its like, imagine if when you assigned a range for a player's hand, they always had the best possible hand in that range, and when they make a bet that is either the nuts or air, its always the nuts, and imagine a table full of maniacs check folding the first time you catch even a piece of the board, imagine your opponents good hands and bluffs coming with perfect timing, and yours are the worst timing ever, imagine sitting at a HU table, a short stack comes in and you double him up 5 times when you're either a favourite or at worst 60/40, imagine just sitting there playing 6 tables full of stations and not seeing better than AJo for eternities. imagine finding a super overagressive donkey and picking up no hands against him, resorting to playing back at him and he wakes up with a monster, imagine every time you make a mistake in a hand you get punished for the most amount of money possible, imagine firing up 4 tournaments and bubbling all 4. imagine coolers, setups, bad beats, tilt, using fake tilt to get people to look you up light and them sucking out anyway. imagine moving in with a monster draw, getting called by bottom pair and missing, seemingly every time. imagine every possible thing going wrong every session every day for 40 days in a row. imagine waking up every day feeling like you can start the comeback today, winning to start your session, and getting crushed at the end of it and not being able to sleep. remember your biggest losing session ever, then imagine having 6 bigger losses in a span of 3 weeks. then to cap it off, imagine all this happening just as the games are the worst they have ever been since the start of the poker boom. also, if you want to throw it in there, think about this coming at exactly the time when you are deciding whether to give up school which you hate and play poker full time, which you really want to do. Imagine for the first time revealing your income to family members and friends over the Christmas break, feeling proud at how impressed everyone is, then losing an amount I can't even bear to tell those people about. Imagine going to play live because live poker is like printing money and people are so bad and you just want to book a decent win, and getting raped. end rant".
Old 02-14-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Official February Thread: General Discussion/etc

I just lost about all my online roll.

I have $3,500 left in my pokerstars account. I haven't slept at all and have two exams today. i dont think i could stand playing 100nl. i dont know if i should quit poker altogether or what.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: coach?

[ QUOTE ]
Thinking of getting some coaching. Feel free to PM me, please include references and description of service. My current game is 2/4 which I am beating quite comfortably, 6bb/100 over past 25k hands, usually 5 or 6 tabling. Basically looking to take my game to the next level.

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'll have better results if you're actively seeking out a coach rather than having people come to you.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thinking of getting some coaching. Feel free to PM me, please include references and description of service. My current game is 2/4 which I am beating quite comfortably, 6bb/100 over past 25k hands, usually 5 or 6 tabling. Basically looking to take my game to the next level.

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'll have better results if you're actively seeking out a coach rather than having people come to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hear 3-bet.net has some "coaches"
Old 02-14-2007, 12:42 PM

Maybe stop playing NL2K with a 10K BR? Weren't you even playing NL5K before? Playing over your bankroll is why even great players are destined to go busto. If you have a 3.5K BR, play NL200 and rebuild.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I contacted them twice, never got a response, I'm done with them...
Old 02-14-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tru that... krantz i've applied twice and never got a response from 3b.net even after talking to you personally. whats the deal?
Old 02-14-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe stop playing NL2K with a 10K BR? Weren't you even playing NL5K before? Playing over your bankroll is why even great players are destined to go busto. If you have a 3.5K BR, play NL200 and rebuild.

[/ QUOTE ]

i had about 20k fwiw. but your words couldnt be truer.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i had about 20k fwiw. but your words couldnt be truer.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you HAD 20K. But did you stop playing NL2K when your BR hit 10K? From the graph it looks like you played all the way down to a 5K BR...
Old 02-14-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tru that... krantz i've applied twice and never got a response from 3b.net even after talking to you personally. whats the deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Herrigel, I don't know why you weren't contacted but it's possible you input an incorrect email address on your application, which seems to happen from time to time and there's no way for us to get in touch with the applicant. PM me if you're still interested.

bboy, feel free to PM me again, i remember speaking with you but i'm not exactly sure why you never got started :-(
Closed Thread