Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2006, 01:45 PM

Default Re: weekday WW redux

[ QUOTE ]
I vote elevens. Not very confident about this one though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an awfully convenient statement if I get lynched and found out to be a villager.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, when Bobo was about to get lynched, Alex made one last post saying that he thought this was a good choice for the village, yet he never voted for Bobo. Yes, Alex had made a case for Bobo earlier, but perhaps that was a cover up?

[/ QUOTE ]
Bobo being a wolf is easily my best defense. I switched from junkmail to Bobo near the end of day two when junkmail was up 6-5 to push Bobo in the lead. I was still very suspicious of Bobo on day 3, but as kyro said, tiedup was looking like such a blatant wolf, I couldn't not vote for him.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:48 PM

lynch alex levin
Old 05-09-2006, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's what I'm relatively confident in.

Villagers:
VR
Nicholas
[censored]
Amplify
IY
SumZero

[/ QUOTE ]

Just want to clarify something.

The named above named are villagers based on the voting patterns with respect to Bobo. Meanwhile, my vote sat on Bobo the whole day that junkmail ended up getting lynched, and then was on it for the most of the day when I eventually switched it over to tiedup when I made it clear I wanted both to go down...

OK. Makes sense.

Also, I am incredibly impressed with your "confidence" of the villagerness of 5 people not including yourself.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I vote elevens. Not very confident about this one though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an awfully convenient statement if I get lynched and found out to be a villager.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please. Do you really think I don't know that that's a common wolfish comment?
Old 05-09-2006, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The named above named are villagers based on the voting patterns with respect to Bobo. Meanwhile, my vote sat on Bobo the whole day that junkmail ended up getting lynched, and then was on it for the most of the day when I eventually switched it over to tiedup when I made it clear I wanted both to go down...

OK. Makes sense.

Also, I am incredibly impressed with your "confidence" of the villagerness of 5 people not including yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]
I said mostly based on the voting patterns, not completely. Furthermore, I have to apply different standards of evaluating you because I know you're capable of more complex tactics than most players. Anyway, my biggest reason for suspecting you has to do with Bobo's ridiculously baseless attack on you.

Did you want me to place myself on that list? I think I'll spare everyone these stupid tricks; see my response to elevens' post.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:07 PM

For everyone who is making villager lists, I would suggest you quit doing it. Wolf lists are ok, but if you make villager lists and wolves are on it then people can be mistaken and follow them if you happen to catch a wolf on your wolf list. Also, these lists allow the wolves to play better because they know who is mostly safe and who is under suspicion.

Therefore, I would suggest that instead of making these comprehensive lists that detail everyone, to make a list of the 3-4 people who are TOP suspects, and leave the rest out. Barring seer confirmation, it really is impossible to be certain that someone is a villager. Thus, it's more productive to try and find wolves than save villagers (as most will die in the hunt for wolves).

Oftentimes a wolf will come out with a "safe" villager list, and if a villager on that list is lynched they point to it to seem more "credible" later. It could also be a big problem is a wolf pops up on multiple "safe" lists and then that wolf has awesome cover until the end. If there are wolf lists and then everyone else, then it's harder for these wolves to be safe all the way through because it is harder for them to be "cleared."
Old 05-09-2006, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, I have to apply different standards of evaluating you because I know you're capable of more complex tactics than most players.

[/ QUOTE ]

*blush*

But no.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, my biggest reason for suspecting you has to do with Bobo's ridiculously baseless attack on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's easier to assume Bobo was just being a dummy.

[ QUOTE ]

Did you want me to place myself on that list? I think I'll spare everyone these stupid tricks; see my response to elevens' post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, apparently my point went way over your head. It has nothing to do with you being on the list of 80 people or not. It was the fact the list...HAD 80 PEOPLE!
Old 05-09-2006, 02:10 PM

Tokyo,

The main reason I made a villager list was because I didn't really have a good choice to vote for, so I tried working backwards. It was mostly for the benefit of myself, not for others.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tokyo,

The main reason I made a villager list was because I didn't really have a good choice to vote for, so I tried working backwards. It was mostly for the benefit of myself, not for others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless, you posted it here, where whether you intended to or not, it will affect people's ideas or opinions as the game progresses. I just think that "clearing" villagers is not helpful because the wolves can easily use those lists to their advantage whereas throwing around suspicion on wolf lists is less effective imo (because everyone is a suspect, but not everyone can be "cleared").