Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: This kinda pissed me off

[ QUOTE ]
Ok? You can do the same thing at Blockbuster.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats your point? Thats because there are people that are too dumb to find out if they like a game before they buy it they should just become a blockbuster?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:31 PM

This is standard in the video game industry, you should not be surprised at all. Your lucky to get the $20 from them. Learn your lesson (pick the right game) and move on.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're just being unreasonable and embarrassing yourself.

Your McDonald's example is inane, because you're talking about a $2 hamburger, not a $50 piece of merchandise. Also, if the burger is physically not undercooked, how would you convince them that it is? The only reason you'd be given a refund in this case is because they'd figure it's easier to refund you than deal with a crazy person.

I will reiterate: If a store had this policy, it would be exploited every day by thousands of people. There used to be a CD chain in New Jersey called Compact Disc World. For $15 a year, you could become a member of their club. You'd receive discounts on CDs, and you could return anything, open or not. Guess when they went out of business? Well, it was soon after they had to get rid of the policy due to the fact that CD burners were becoming increasingly popular. After they dismantled the club, nobody shopped there anymore.

Also, you're basically just ignoring all of my previous points about why it's not in a corporation's best interests to lose money every time someone decides to exchange a new game. Please review my first post in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people buy meals from Mcdonalds, not individual burgers. Meals range from $4-$7 or so I believe, and you would get a full refund of the meal and McDonalds would take a loss equal to the value of the meal. The fact that we're talking about $60 merchandise in comparison to this does not bode well in your favor at all. They lost 100% of the value of the meal, where as with the $60 video game they might lose a small amount of money, but probably not even that if they adjust the policy fee to reflect the amount they would lose reselling the game. Even if we used my figure of $5, and we assumed that they marked it down $6-7 from a new version, that would mean they lose a couple bucks. However McDonalds lost more money on an item valued at not even 10% of that of the $60 video game, yet they have had this policy for as long as they have been open and is by far the most successful fast food restaurant in existance.

I already addressed your first post in this thread multiple times. How would they abuse this policy? What, they could pay $5 to keep a game for a week and return it? If they wanted to do that they could just go rent a game at a video store, wtf?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and we assumed that they marked it down $6-7 from a new version, that would mean they lose a couple bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completly wrong. DUCY?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:38 PM

Hey dumbass, part of the reasoning McDonald's will give you a full refund is due to the overwhelming competition in the fast food market.

McDonald's also understand that if they piss you off over $5 you may never go back to another McDonald's and they'd rather have your future business than piss of a customer who can get a substitute good for the same price from Burger King or Wendy's.

That level of competition just doesn't really exist in the video game sector for numerous reasons so as a result you will see less favorable policies towards customers.

If you have such a problem with this, why don't you start up your own business and fix the market void.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With this policy, it prevents people from abusing the ability to constantly return games after they're done with them, while not completely screwing over those of us that are legitimate.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't. It lets me rent a game for a week for $5. I hope this thread is a hudge level becuase you're a complete idiot if this is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok? You can do the same thing at Blockbuster.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right. And that's what Blockbuster exists for, not Gamestop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, so why would people abuse this policy when they can just go to Blockbuster?

Change the policy instead to 4 days, or 3 for all I care. Or you can up the fee an extra buck or two, or you can both up the fee and lower the amount of time you have to return it. God your argument is getting so lame ...
Old 11-02-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly, so why would people abuse this policy when they can just go to Blockbuster?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people litter? Why do they rob banks? Why do they shoot people in the face? Why do they take you seriously?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:00 PM

Pls to be moving thread to video games forum so i never have to see it again.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey dumbass, part of the reasoning McDonald's will give you a full refund is due to the overwhelming competition in the fast food market.

McDonald's also understand that if they piss you off over $5 you may never go back to another McDonald's and they'd rather have your future business than piss of a customer who can get a substitute good for the same price from Burger King or Wendy's.

[/ QUOTE ]

That example is not exclusive to places with heavy competition, give me a break.

[ QUOTE ]
That level of competition just doesn't really exist in the video game sector for numerous reasons so as a result you will see less favorable policies towards customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a joke? Best Buy, Wal Mart, Circuit City, local video game stores, etc. Not to mention the internet. They don't have any competition as far as video game stores, but that's been for quite a while now the least of their concerns.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people litter? Why do they rob banks? Why do they shoot people in the face? Why do they take you seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell is your problem? Why don't you try to make your point without being a complete douche?