Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Ansky vs. Benyamine 200/400 nl

[ QUOTE ]
i don't really have a problem with this. it's online poker- it comes with the territory. if you play that high and others are doin it and it bothers you- then say "sorry god" or w/e and make some new accounts yourself. even things up with the other guys

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like whatever the high stakes players are doing at the time determines if it's ethical or not. doesn't matter to me since i don't play high stakes, but i guarantee if it wasn't only zeejustin/jjprodigy who were called out on multi-accounting, and it was known a ton of 2p2ers did it, that the same hsnl guys who play multi accounts now would be saying it was okay, trying to justify it, rather than throwing 1 or 2 people under the bus just because they wanted to seem in the right for not doing it at the time(or at least not getting caught)
Old 10-31-2007, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't really have a problem with this. it's online poker- it comes with the territory. if you play that high and others are doin it and it bothers you- then say "sorry god" or w/e and make some new accounts yourself. even things up with the other guys

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd bet you'd have a serious problem if everyone was doing it in your games.

its rediculous to see a table of "unknowns" where 4+/6 are really regs under different names.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. honestly, i have no problem with this as long as it's stated or at least implied more clearly that it is okay. then, it's part of the game, and to win you'd have to adapt as a lot of the high stakes players have done.

until then, i think it's an unfair advantage and i'll be in the camp of "I'm pissed off but there's really nothing I can do about it so i'll just whine to other people who don't do it and secretly be jealous of all the money patrik antonius and urindanger make doing it."

tc
Old 10-31-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd bet you'd have a serious problem if everyone was doing it in your games.

its rediculous to see a table of "unknowns" where 4+/6 are really regs under different names.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. honestly, i have no problem with this as long as it's stated or at least implied more clearly that it is okay. then, it's part of the game, and to win you'd have to adapt as a lot of the high stakes players have done.

until then, i think it's an unfair advantage and i'll be in the camp of "I'm pissed off but there's really nothing I can do about it so i'll just whine to other people who don't do it and secretly be jealous of all the money patrik antonius and urindanger make doing it."

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

taylor,

do you think this is unethical/cheating?
Old 10-31-2007, 07:48 PM

why does full tilt do nothing about these new accounts?
it took me a month to get them to switch me to rakeback
and in every email they told me about there "1 account rule"
Old 10-31-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
deleted by jman220

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell? is this kind insult acceptable?

Edit/Jman220: No, its not.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:22 PM

i'm just saying, if it was me- i'd do it also to even it up. i suppose that might be akin to saying oh the pitcher's on steroids, i'll take 'em also to make this a level playing field. and i definitely don't agree w/ roids. but i just would just not feel nearly as bad having that mentality in online poker, where idk it's all about mind games and tricking your opponents anyhow. i just don't think it's cheating- you still have two cards, he still has two cards. or if you don't want to make new accts to "go down to their level" or w/e, just think of it as a new challenge or something. beat them anyhow, even w/ their "edge"
Old 10-31-2007, 08:24 PM

I love seeing someone make in one hand what I make in 3 years.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what the hell? is this kind insult acceptable?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The NVG mods have been notified about the post. Also, if you don't mind, in the future it would be nice if you didn't quote it in full because now they have to edit your post too.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it took me a month to get them to switch me to rakeback

[/ QUOTE ]

I am more interested in how you got this done.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well urindanger sat down with johnnycash13 so I guess that immediately and absolutely absolves him of the charges.

[/ QUOTE ]

on the contrary imo...

[/ QUOTE ]

yea its basically the same principle as when the AP guy dumped all those chips to g-p...what a dumb move on urindangers part like noone would figure it out

[/ QUOTE ]
wait what