Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: FGators: The Final Chapter [1.4m hands EV graph]

[ QUOTE ]
Fgators,

Just do yourself (and us) a favour and just leave 2p2 and stop playing poker immediately.

Honestly, you are completely out of your mind if you believe, even now, that you are running bad.

You are totally worthless at the game of poker, accept that and just stop playing, this is getting tiresome, you are like Joseph Merrick, except of course he didn't choose to become a circus phreak with people laughing at him, and also he in fact was rather intelligent.

You, however, have brought this upon yourself and I do not pity you at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] MDMA compares fgators to the elephant man [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To be fair, the graph is just all in winnings.
He could be losing some of that 1/2 million back in showdowns where someone's not all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I'm misunderstanding something about this different version, that's not true.

The Sklansky bucks line is based on all streets.

And the $ won at showdown line is all pots where you go to showdown

Making the gap between the green and blue lines your total win or loss in non-showdown pots.

Only the Allin Luck graph (separate from this graph) is purely based on allin pots. It's a piece of the Sklansky bucks calculation, but not the whole thing. For example, my winnings in this graphs are $5271, equity adjusted is $5181. On my allin luck graph, I've won ~$1800 vs. ~$2000 expected. I know the OP says we're looking at the allin luck tab, but the amounts match up with the total showdown/non-showdown winnings/losses posted in the other thread.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the fgators definition of a bad beat:

dealt 99.

fgators calls $2
sb calls $1
bb checks

flop As 2s 3s

fgators bets $198 and is all in
sb folds
bb calls $198

bb shows (4s 5s) straight flush

bb wins

fgators: DGSJ*J#*($*(WREJSJ(G*(SGH(*$#THS(BV*HGS MOTHER****ER!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

This graph is the greatest thing ever. Shame I'm only on the 2nd page.....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lolllllllllllllllllll .....

that looks so insane.

can someone please give a hint what a normal gap between blue and green graph would be? thx [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's hard to say because it greatly depends on your style of play, but at the very least, it should never form a right freaking triangle

[/ QUOTE ]

True! I believe the green line should be above both the lines (especially as you move up), but having the green line matching with red and blue lines is not bad.

quick aside: what happened with the 4 million hands thing? weren't there supposed to be 4 million hands?
Old 10-13-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quick aside: what happened with the 4 million hands thing? weren't there supposed to be 4 million hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

he doesn't use PT

he doesn't keep accurate records, and so he estimated(more like random guess, since he should have been able to get a reasonably accurate # from his FPP total)
Old 10-13-2007, 01:01 PM

LFTV,

This is from the OP. I think because this is a Beta he hasn't fixed the titles on the graph yet, but we're just looking at luck right now.

[ QUOTE ]
PLEASE NOTE This is a DIFFERENT pEV version. What you are seeing IS the lucktab, NOT the very similiar looking overall graph from previous versions. The green "overall winnings" line is only there to show the reality clash.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-13-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get how this works...I honestly am sucked out on a 250:1 ratio..in fact I can't remember the last time I coolered someone or got it in drawing to two outs and won yet it happens to me a large portion of the time so I don't know how this graph works. I've got a Word document with about $400k worth of total bad beats and I've probably only sucked out on people in about 5k worth of pots lifetime so thats how I do my pokerv graphs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gators, many people have tried to explain to you and most are mocking you now. I still have some sympathy left in me to give you honest advice. Are you considering every time you lose as a favorite a bad beat? Why not just play with two cards instead of 7 cards and just compare Sklanksy rankings of the hands? Are you that stupid after playing 1.6 million hands? There's some thing called equity and that's what matters. You have to get it in bad some times when you have +ve equity against a possible range. If all you are doing is getting to show down with your good hands, that too with minimal possible money extraction, you are just flipping. You have to play some poker, bluff, value-bet, and win with out showdown etc. That's where the skill plays.

Stop deluding yourself about how unlucky you are. The graph clearly shows that you had as normal luck as every one else. If you played correctly for so many hands, you would be half a millionaire now. Think about it.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

edit: [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hra146
Old 10-13-2007, 01:06 PM

Fgators,
You don't do anything tricky postflop, don't mind soul crushing breakeven streaks and play like a robot. I suggest SnGs.