Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/8) (possible spoliers in thread to co

Lol at rich people just randomly shoving hundreds of thousands in there with nothing.
Safais "Hey I have a plane to catch, lets flip for 150k" speech was hilarious.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did I just see that? Mike Baxtor had a brain fart. WTF was that AI with KQo?

And Eli calling there? he and Sammy must be playing the same money.

West Coast viewer. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]
The only way the play makes sense to me is that Baxter thought he had 10 outs, and thus had the odds to call. He actually did have 10 outs against Sammy. His blunder was that he forgot about the pre-flop raiser who had yet to act behind him (or maybe he thought Eli would not overcall without a monster). In any case, he was marginally correct to call if all parts fell into place, but idiotically wrong if they didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget also that Jamie Gold was in the pot as well, after Baxter. Though Gold looked uninterested he cannot be immediately put out of the hand because as we know he tries to be the biggest actor in poker.

Just a ridiculous, ridiculous play by Baxter...and yeah I don't know how Elezra called.

Pretty ridiculous shove by Farha too, though it was better than Baxter and Elezra's play.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now, in my B&M 2/3 or 3/5 game I'd have to bail out there with AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The low stakes 1/2 & 2/5 nl B&M games I play in, my AA would have been up against a flopped straight & top set looking to fill up...so, thru clenched teeth, I'd have to begrudgingly fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, in any normal game I fold in about 1.4 seconds.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:50 PM

Is Farha part of the 500k table?

If not who is?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And Eli calling there? he and Sammy must be playing the same money.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say that as if Eli should have folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first watched it I thought it was a bad call but I've thought about it and I see that it wasn't. Obviously he is calling against Farha 99.9% of the time there. And what could Baxtor have had to be pushing AI with? I also think Eli knew they'd agree to running it twice (Hadn't Baxtor agreed to that in earlier hands?). So yes, it was a good call for those stakes. Now, in my B&M 2/3 or 3/5 game I'd have to bail out there with AA.

Does anyone have the stack sizes and how much extra Baxtor's all in was? There seemed to be some confusion on the broadcast. At one point Eli said it was only 8500 more but it seemed like it should have been more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that it's such an easy call vs Farha is presicely why it is still an easy call after Baxter shoves. Baxter sees Sammy shove, looks down at his KJ and just calling makes no sense with these stacks so he is forced to shove. He should be worried about Eli, but he is focused too much on what Sammy has and figures if he has Sammy beat then he should go with it. I think he'll be getting it in with top pair always and perhaps even stuff like T9. AA has a pretty easy call given the dynamics.

Also fwiw Eli didn't reraise big enough with AA, but with AQ in another hand he made that huge reraise when he got it in vs Safai's TT. Transparent much?
Old 10-09-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Farha part of the 500k table?

If not who is?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think JMan took 750K so he played there I assume.
Assumptions too:
PA
Ivey
Daniel
Doyle(?)
Eli
Old 10-09-2007, 03:23 PM

(Removed totally unnecessary comment)

I loved Safai's comment at the end...I was gonna leave run and take a shower or something. Phil seemed like he was tolerable of other people for once.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:31 PM

Omg ten minutes is way too long I'm glad he called clock on him. Phil Hellmuth is a douche. As soon as he stood up and tried to say something four people said he had taken a long time.

At first the call with AA looks questionable but with both Daniel Negreanu and Jennifer Harman saying they would make the call instantly and knowing the fact that Farha and Baxter were blowing up...then I would say yeah it was a good call.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wtf is Baxter doing lmaooooooo, that is priceless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on. How is King high and a gutshot not good there? LOL. This game is hideous!
Old 10-09-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I first watched it I thought it was a bad call but I've thought about it and I see that it wasn't. Obviously he is calling against Farha 99.9% of the time there. And what could Baxtor have had to be pushing AI with? I also think Eli knew they'd agree to running it twice (Hadn't Baxtor agreed to that in earlier hands?). So yes, it was a good call for those stakes. Now, in my B&M 2/3 or 3/5 game I'd have to bail out there with AA.

Does anyone have the stack sizes and how much extra Baxtor's all in was? There seemed to be some confusion on the broadcast. At one point Eli said it was only 8500 more but it seemed like it should have been more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are forgetting how shallow it was effectively playing after Eli's re-raise and 3 calls:

4-way pot, 53K in preflop.

Farha goes all-in for 67k (only a little more than a pot bet), Gold folds out of turn, Baxter thinks and goes all-in for 75.5K (a raise of only $8500).

Eli needs to call $75,500 into what is already a $195,500 pot. He only needs 28% equity against their ranges to make this call.