Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: What would you do if you could start your life over from 19??

[ QUOTE ]
Realistically, I'd join the Coast Guard and stay in for 20 years then retire.

I could say I'd play lots of poker or something but I know that it would just lead me down the path to failure like it has the last 7 years. I could also pretend that I'd get my college degree and get a great job but I've had one for 3 years now and it hasn't done [censored] for me so what's the point. My time in the Coast Guard was not always great but I was financially stable, saved a lot of money for retirement, and had some good experiences and met cool people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reminder. I try to keep that thought in my mind because as much as the military sucks sometimes I think I would miss all of those things too much if I got out. And even if I'm wrong I'm stuck for a while anyways and at least that mindset keeps me happy.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:54 AM

If I could go back to 1999 I would be in on the ground floor of online poker. This is pretty much the only thing I would change. Oh, and I would have spent more time masturbating.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:06 AM

Not buying eBay stock when it was like 8 bucks a share.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno Nath I was hanging out with my friend last night on a college campus, and it was quite ridiculous to see groups of girls all dolled up like they were going to the Academy Awards when in actuality they were probably on their way to play a game or two of beer pong then squeeze around the keg with an already used red solo cup along with dozens of dudes trying to impersonate Jay-Z.

I think this thread is interesting because of course your momentary inclination is to [censored] a good looking girl regardless of other characteristics, but that upon deeper reflection you feel you should pass it up. Like people might perhaps regret the way they lost their virginity. I guess I'm wrong though, as it seems like '[censored] more girls' is quite popular.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't being snide. I asked those questions because the poster seemed to be writing from a sense of fear and revulsion toward women.

The thing is, when you're in college you are for one of the only times in your life, surrounded by a large pool of attractive, available women of all types. Like, there are a lot of women I don't pursue that other people find hot, simply because they don't appeal to me or do it for me. But there are others I find really attractive that many people don't. The point is, they're there. And it's never going to be easier for you to meet young, single, available women who appeal to you. And you don't appreciate it until it's gone.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would save more money. And take advantage of compound interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanna party with you!

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a lot of partying, and a lot of girls, and a lot of drugs in a lot of different places. That would all stay the same. I'd just save some money while I was at it.

You wanna party with me? You reckon you could keep up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I've read your stories. Hence the joke. You read mine? Might be dangerous for us to get together.

[/ QUOTE ]

We should one day. The really dangerous thing would be that we'd probably go off the rails trying to prove to each other that we can still party hard. We'd end up doing something really stupid and paying for it in a huge way and then in 20 years posting on some online message board in a thread about what you'd do different in your life how we'd never do that crazy night partying again if we could change things.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You said "most Americans". Most Americans aren't paying 27%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most Americans aren't 55, either. I still have no idea what point you're trying to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The reason why debt is bad for most Americans is because they are 55 years old with 1.5x their annual income in 27% APR credit card debt.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're silly.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:26 AM

I don't understand the bang more bitches thing. When you get old(er) are your fond memories really of shagging young girls?

I had sex with a lot of girls but most of my best memories are like "man I remember boneing her, she had such a nice pair of [censored] or something".
Old 09-17-2007, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the bang more bitches thing. When you get old(er) are your fond memories really of shagging young girls?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more the 'regret not engaging in passionate intimacy with desirable women'. The feeling of regret sucks!
Old 09-17-2007, 04:04 AM

Not that I'm in some great life position, but [censored] it, I wouldn't do anything differently.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:20 AM

Med School.