Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 07:30 AM

Default Re: breaking vegetarians

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I felt like a dick a few nights ago when I found out in horror that the French Onion Soup my vegan girlfriend and I ate had beef broth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, yeah that's the standard recipe.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even a lot of "vegetarian" soups have beef or chicken broth. Also a lot of regular food I've noticed is cooked with some, too. I always ask now when I'm unsure. It sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2007, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As mentioned before, I didn't eat meat for 10 years and then had a pastrami sandwich. I felt fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are lucky. I grew up in a strictly vegan household. The first time I broke my diet was in my freshman year of high school. It was partly peer pressure to be completely honest. Normally, I try to eat alone or with very close friends who know and accept my eating habits, but I guess I wanted to be popular and social so I was eating with some people I only knew casually. Irregardless, a girl I like shoved a spoonful of salad into my mouth that had some bacon bits. I don't know if I got sick because of mental and guilt reasons or if my body just reacted negatively to the food but like the other poster, I also vomited that night. I couldn't believe that someone I trusted would trick me like that but she claimed that she thought I would like the way it tasted. Ive never been able to understand why another human being cares what I eat or the morals my family raised me to follow. All vegans will have these issues, especially when it comes to your average family get together, going to my girl friends house for Christmas in college is probably the single most terrifying experience of my life.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

They made some rice without telling me beef stock was in it (I shouldn't need to ask at this point,they know I won't eat meat and warn me when something has stock in it). I ate it, and went home and was violently ill for hours vomiting.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao

[/ QUOTE ]
To make such a crude and callous statement you obviously do not know what it is like to introduce a foreign substance to your digestive system. Do you think that you would feel good after chewing on some horse? What if you ate a handful of live insects? Your body gets used to a routine, and even a spoonful of beef broth is enough to send you to the floor in acute stomach cramps and pain, forcing you to hug a toilet for an entire night vomiting as if death waited anxiously for you to dehydrate. Some people are raised or make live choices which are different than yours. Does that bother you? Why would you take pleasure in another person's horrific experience?
Old 09-16-2007, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should tell her that it's possible to be both against animal abuse and eat meat that has been produced by this abuse

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about this. Anybody who eats meat that knowingly comes from animal abuse I would have to say is at best indifferent to the issue. The bottom line for measure of support has to be the wallet.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:03 PM

Tell her

Old 09-16-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think she is afraid to like meat, like most vegetarians (i hypothesize), because she's had it in her head so long that eating animals is a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm.... No. Meat tastes good, and I am a vegetarian. I don't eat eat meat for the same reason you don't eat people or dogs. Nothing deep. I think i my reasons for being a vegetarian are standard. I might be wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, haven't eaten meat since 1997. LOL @ "being afraid to like meat"
Old 09-16-2007, 05:29 PM

I'm not talking about you guys that converted, I'm talking about the lifelongers who have ALWAYS thought that eating animals was a bad thing. People like that don't want to like doing a bad thing. That's my theory, anyway, based on GF and 2 younger lifelong vegetarian sisters.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
get her to blow you, then slip in a bratwurst

[/ QUOTE ]roflmao, A+
Old 09-16-2007, 11:23 PM

the best way is to cook her something she's used to, with a little meat in it or something. if I were going to start eating meat again I would make a curry and add some type of meat. actually, this isn't true, I would go to peter luger and get a steak, but if I wasn't going to do that then I would make a curry and add a little chicken or whatever.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My gf says it has to smell great and be really high quality ingredients. Go get some organic free range chicken, slice it thin--no fat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Switch the hippy chicken for regular $2.50/lb chicken and see if she notices. Hint: she won't, you'll save $4/lb.

[/ QUOTE ]

see, this wouldn't be cool because it would be going TOTALLY against her stated wishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

but her stated wishes are stupid?