Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker Site Problems?

Do people actually read any of the thread before they reply. There are a lot of stupid questions that have been answered more than once if you take the time to read the thread. It isn't that long.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:34 AM

Summary as I understand it:

- The Poker Tracker site is offline due to it having been hacked.
- No versions of the Poker Tracker program were known to be modified. There is no issue with running your current version of Poker Tracker.
- Poker Tracker tries to connect to the site when starting to check for updates. You can disable this in the Help menu since it causes a startup delay due to the site being down.
- No one is in any danger of malware from running Poker Tracker.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:51 AM

Ptrack pat: if you aren't familiar with internet security, feel free to drop me a PM, I will give you some tips. I used to work as a security consultant.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Summary as I understand it:

- The Poker Tracker site is offline due to it having been hacked.
- No versions of the Poker Tracker program were known to be modified. There is no issue with running your current version of Poker Tracker.
- Poker Tracker tries to connect to the site when starting to check for updates. You can disable this in the Help menu since it causes a startup delay due to the site being down.
- No one is in any danger of malware from running Poker Tracker.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. However, the site is offline now because I had my hosting company take it down until they were able to take care of the problem. They were working on it until very late Fri night/Sat morning so I requested that they leave it offline even if they got things resolved so that I could check all the files again as soon as it came back up. They did tell me it was resolved but now I've been trying to get a hold of them this weekend to restart it and they aren't answering my emails despite saying they have 24/7/365 support (they don't have phone support on weekends). So I don't know when exactly it will be back up.

I will certainly be searching for a new hosting company ASAP so there may be some additional downtime again when I move over there.

The PokerAce folks have graciously allowed me some space to load the PT install files so if anyone needs to download the program again or needs a new code PM me here.

Thanks everyone for your patience.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:56 PM

I believe I updated pokertracker just before the site went down and before I read any warnings. Should I be concerned about logging into any of my accounts?
Old 09-16-2007, 06:02 PM

I had no problems with PT until today, it ran fine, did not check for updates. Just today I was running PT FTP and 4 tables and PT hung and would not close regardless of what I did. Turned off my laptop, rebooted I open PT and it gives me a screen to login as admin (Vista user) should I be worried? Any advice?
Old 09-16-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had no problems with PT until today, it ran fine, did not check for updates. Just today I was running PT FTP and 4 tables and PT hung and would not close regardless of what I did. Turned off my laptop, rebooted I open PT and it gives me a screen to login as admin (Vista user) should I be worried? Any advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

The database needs repaired. With PT closed, from the Start menu select Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC) click on the System DSN tab, click on the PTRACK entry and click the Configure button. Then on the next window click Repair and then OK when prompted. If you still have problems send me a PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:02 AM

Hey Pat time for a well deserved break whilst the ISP revamps the server? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Splices..once a pr4t, always a pratt.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:59 AM

ptrack_pat, please send me the 2.17.00 patch, because 2.16.03d not working with new ongame handhistorys.
Thank You, csucsu52
Old 09-17-2007, 11:50 AM

The site is back up. Is it ok to download an update?