Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 02:19 AM

Default Re: UFC 76

[ QUOTE ]
not accepting the value of rooting for someone/enjoying the fight is a non-sports-fan's attitude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, I am both. A fan of sports and a sports investor. However whatever I bet on, I will be rooting for period. Otherwise why bother betting? If you see a good bet and don't take it because of likes or dislikes you are selling yourself short.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not betting against a guy (team or whatever), because you like them is a losers attitude. If you think there is value there you should bet Jardine.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people in these threads aren't professional MMA bettors. I bet against Anderson Silva against Marquardt, and I really regret having to root against him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not a professional bettor myself. In fact I am a MUCH better boxing bettor than MMA bettor. I do well enough, but not enough to where I would quit my job and just bet. Anyways even if someone isn't a professional at something they should always try to improve. Just betting on your favs or against guys you don't like is kind of silly to me. If you see value in something and have an advantage I don't see how you don't bet it. People who say they are just small bettors and betting for fun sell thereselves short IMO, I know I have been there.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:58 AM

Well, when it comes down to it, I like watching MMA and rooting for guys that I like. I'll never place a bet against the Chicago Bears or White Sox, etc. because that would totally ruin the experience of watching the game. Am I losing monetary EV? Sure, but it's so marginal and is more than made up for in the life enjoyment EV I gain having a good time watching the fights.

If you want to bet for or against any fighter, regardless of your personal feelings, that's all fine and dandy. I just think it's extremely rude to tell other people how they should enjoy MMA.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does everyone agree that Fitch and Tyson are the best bets on this card?

[/ QUOTE ]

@ -115 and -150, yup.

[/ QUOTE ]

where are you getting -150 on tyson
Old 09-22-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does everyone agree that Fitch and Tyson are the best bets on this card?

[/ QUOTE ]

@ -115 and -150, yup.

[/ QUOTE ]

where are you getting -150 on tyson

[/ QUOTE ]

As of this second, Tyson is -150 on bookmaker and fitch is -120
Old 09-22-2007, 11:43 AM

Fitch is still -115 on Bodog.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:43 PM

Couture's picks are in:

Liddell - Shocking, I know
Griffin - Claims Griffin will win all 3 rounds. Doesn't mention KO.. Since he's on the same team, I think that pretty much confirms Forrest's game plan is to stay the hell out of range.

When Couture bets on the same sides I'm on, I'm one happy camper.

Randy also has Griffin and Fitch.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:31 PM

just my opinion, but i think tavares should be the slight favorite vs. tyson. also lol @ couture saying griffin wins all 3 rounds.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not betting against a guy (team or whatever), because you like them is a losers attitude. If you think there is value there you should bet Jardine.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people in these threads aren't professional MMA bettors. I bet against Anderson Silva against Marquardt, and I really regret having to root against him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not a professional bettor myself. In fact I am a MUCH better boxing bettor than MMA bettor. I do well enough, but not enough to where I would quit my job and just bet. Anyways even if someone isn't a professional at something they should always try to improve. Just betting on your favs or against guys you don't like is kind of silly to me. If you see value in something and have an advantage I don't see how you don't bet it. People who say they are just small bettors and betting for fun sell thereselves short IMO, I know I have been there.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, I make $300 a hour playing poker, if I want to make a $500 -EV bet on a MMA event because when I go to hooters with some friends and watch the fight and it makes it more exciting/fun...then so be it.

side note: I don't think I'd bet against liddell no matter what (unless it was worth $300+ in EV)
Old 09-22-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People can do whatever they want, the problem/what's hilarious is that you might say you'r ebetting Liddell for fun and some other people take that as advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, I make $300 a hour playing poker, if I want to make a $500 -EV bet on a MMA event because when I go to hooters with some friends and watch the fight and it makes it more exciting/fun...then so be it.

side note: I don't think I'd bet against liddell no matter what (unless it was worth $300+ in EV)

[/ QUOTE ]