Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: knocking a chick up, hypothetical situation

[ QUOTE ]
My lawyer buddy told me about a case they learned in school where one professor seduced another, gave him a bj then impregnated herself with that semen and sued him for child support. She won because the semen was ruled to be a 'gift' and therefore, the male was not entitled to get it back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Famous German tennis star had the same thing happen. The girl got a ton of money, as "child support."

This is why the guys on sports teams are told to be careful. It's so easy to think you're in the clear or not dealing with someone with way less integrity than you would ever guess in a million years.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The reality is that any woman with half a brain in this country that really doesn't want to get pregnant, wont get pregnant! They have a nearly full proof form of birth control, that only requires them to take a tiny little pill once a day, and this form of birth control is typically covered by insurance or free clinics in most places, so it's nearly free. If guys had this same option, magically unwanted pregnancy would go way way down! Yeah, [censored] magic my ass, it's called fraud prevention. Hopefully some day we'll have it, until than all we got is the rubbers or the snip.

[/ QUOTE ]

remembering to pop a pill every single day is a lot harder than it sounds. but hey, i hear a male contraceptive pill is on the way:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/ar...in_page_id=1770

eta 10 years or so

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you remember to brush your teeth every day? I do. And it's not like not brushing them one day will turn my life upside down for at least the next 20 years.

edit: Oop, fedordan beat me to it.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:35 PM

Also a big fan of the vasectomy concept. But it took me a REAL long time to get there. There's something primally emasculating about it or something.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once you know the baby is yours, you are morally obligated, at a minimum, to provide child support and health insurance and clothes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Seems to me that the woman waived these responsibilities for you by not discussing the decision to have the baby or not... and especially after agreeing to take the morning pill and not, completely unfair to not say anything. So IMO the mom erased your responsibility with her prior irresponsibility. Sucks for the kid but I never wanted it anyway, no reason I shouldn't treat him like a stranger. Yes this is a real [censored] attitude but IMO it is morally acceptable to do this.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sucks for the kid but I never wanted it anyway, no reason I shouldn't treat him like a stranger.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I was like [censored] this guy. But then I decided to believe that if you knew you had a child, there's no way you'd completely disavow it because you were mad. Call it morally acceptable if you want, but anyone who actually follows through with this approach is pathetic, really.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You leave it at that and don't see or think about her for another eight months until she gets back in touch with you and says that she needs to know your name and details for the hospital papers because she is having your baby!

What is your course of action? What responsibility do you have towards the child?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not reading this entire thread but if she can look you up 8 months later you [censored] up bad.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not reading this entire thread but if she can look you up 8 months later you [censored] up bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread makes me wonder how many subpoenas myspace gets served with. I know lots of dudes who hook up with broads they met off myspace. It would be soooo easy to bang these chicks and get away without them even knowing your name.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread makes me wonder how many subpoenas myspace gets served with. I know lots of dudes who hook up with broads they met off myspace. It would be soooo easy to bang these chicks and get away without them even knowing your name.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking it would take more than a pregnancy to subpoena any website. I could be totally wrong.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

First, I was like [censored] this guy. But then I decided to believe that if you knew you had a child, there's no way you'd completely disavow it because you were mad. Call it morally acceptable if you want, but anyone who actually follows through with this approach is pathetic, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't disavow it because I was mad, it would be because I don't want a kid and never signed up for that [censored]. If I made the conscious decision to have a kid, then regretted it, he'd still be my kid. The key is that the mom knowingly deceived me to have her kid. She just used me. So no, I'd have no qualms not giving this kid anything. Sucks that he's the result of my seed and all, but that's not what being my kid is about. An adopted child would be more "my son" than the kid described in this scenario.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:51 AM

You stick your penis in a woman, you take the chance of having a kid. It is on you to make sure that the woman is not crazy, isn't lying, etc. If you can't handle this, stop having one night stands.