Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Miss Teen USA - South Carolina answers a ?, hilarity ensues

[ QUOTE ]

And seriously, its a retarded question. How can you answer that in 30 seconds, or under a minute (can't remember the time limit)? Somebody post a good answer, I can't think of one. All you can say in that time is spout platitudes about improving education.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's all you're expected to do. Make up some crap about improving education. Surely she's rehearsed the "improving education" question 5 billion times. Stupid question? Yes. Easy to answer? Definitely.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
meh, I think this is being blown waaaaay outta proportion. So the chick was nervous and rambled on and didnt make sense, it happens. Doesn't mean shes stupid.

What I think is going on is that everyone likes to play up the stereotype that hot people are dumb, because it makes them feel better about the fact they themselves aren't hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha Alobar, c'mon. She sounds like an idiot. This couldn't have been her first pageant, since she got to that competition and had to compete on the local and state levels to get there. She knows they're going to ask her questions, she probably has a pageant coach...I mean, you can't really make many excuses.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
meh, I think this is being blown waaaaay outta proportion. So the chick was nervous and rambled on and didnt make sense, it happens. Doesn't mean shes stupid.

What I think is going on is that everyone likes to play up the stereotype that hot people are dumb, because it makes them feel better about the fact they themselves aren't hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha Alobar, c'mon. She sounds like an idiot. This couldn't have been her first pageant, since she got to that competition and had to compete on the local and state levels to get there. She knows they're going to ask her questions, she probably has a pageant coach...I mean, you can't really make many excuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

she got very nervous maybe?
Old 08-29-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, all im saying is the jury is still out in my opinion. Thats her first time on national TV under ALOT of pressure. Im sure shes got like 5 bazillion canned responses memorized, the camera light goes on, she forgets wtf shes talking about and babbles on. Sure it could be shes just dumb as a rock, but I dont think this is proof.

and anyway, the whole thing just annoys me because its so blown up...front page news? Gimmie a [censored] break. Like I said, its just people excited someone hot made a fool of themselves because it puts them down on our level.

If instead of some insanely hot chick, this girl was some average looking fat american, wed laugh at her if we were watching it, prolly think she just choked under the spotlight, think it sucks to be her, then forget about it 30 seconds later. It wouldnt be all over youtube and message boards and the news.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, all im saying is the jury is still out in my opinion. Thats her first time on national TV under ALOT of pressure. Im sure shes got like 5 bazillion canned responses memorized, the camera light goes on, she forgets wtf shes talking about and babbles on. Sure it could be shes just dumb as a rock, but I dont think this is proof.

and anyway, the whole thing just annoys me because its so blown up...front page news? Gimmie a [censored] break. Like I said, its just people excited someone hot made a fool of themselves because it puts them down on our level.

If instead of some insanely hot chick, this girl was some average looking fat american, wed laugh at her if we were watching it, prolly think she just choked under the spotlight, think it sucks to be her, then forget about it 30 seconds later. It wouldnt be all over youtube and message boards and the news.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't sweat it Alobar. Her karma will even out when she gets paid a mil to pose naked for Playboy next month.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:37 AM

shes not that hot- she is really dumb, shes in a friggin paegent cmon....i gotta get a map.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:04 AM

Default NSFW thanks for link NajdorfDefense!

My God, with looks like this you really don't need brains.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WARNING - Head may explode if you read this!!!! (It doesn't do the video justice)

Q: Polls suggest that 1/5 of Americans can't locate the US on a world map. Why do you think this is?

A: I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and ah I believe that our education like as in such as South Africa and uh the Iraq everywhere like such as and I believe that they should and our education over here in the US, should help the US, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries. so we will be able to build up our future for our children.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way I can sit through this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and I must have the same awkward-avoidance gene. I die inside if I have to watch stuff like this. Unless I'm drunk.

Weird thing is I used to do amateur standup comedy - doesn't get much more painfully awkward than that 90% of the time. I would 10x rather be onstage bombing myself than watching someone else bite the dust. I drank a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a thread in OOT a while ago that revelead a whole bunch of you awkward avoidance freaks. Yea, you are freaks, [censored] weirdos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go [censored] yourself. That wasn't hard to avoid doing.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when i saw the video, it wasnt nearly as bad as i thought it was going to be. she was nervous and am not sure how people think they can make assumptions about her intelligence. especially if they watched her on the today show where she was articulate and very likable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think it's that much worse than what Joe Morgan does every single Sunday night on ESPN.
Yes, I'm completely serious.
He's somewhat more polished at not being able to make sense or somehow put together a complete sentence but it's really not that different.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't think it's that much worse than what Joe Morgan does every single Sunday night on ESPN.
Yes, I'm completely serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

"What the U.S. needs is to be more consistent in the Iraq."