Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 12:41 AM

Default Re: ** Lounge Poker Talk **

So what happened with the tourney? I didn't see a post about what and when exactly, I got distracted, and now it doesn't look like it fired off. If anyone is still game, I am, too. One thing we've done over in Micro that has worked well is just having everyone IM me, and then when we have enough, everyone joins a SnG on my mark. This works better for HORSE than NL, naturally, since there are fewer people who sign up. And heck, the HORSE SnG tourney structure is much better than the private tourney structure. If you'd like to try this, IM me at MrWookie47.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:24 AM

Arrgh, would love to play with some of y'all, but what's left of my meager roll is on Prima. I took most of my roll and cashed out my 401k to invest in a home automation installation business, haven't seen a dime yet, but I think big things are coming.

As for any interesting happenings as of late, not many, with the exception of missing a trip to South Africa for the King of Poker tourney in Sun City, by three seats. My all in AT was no match for A7 in a SB vs BB battle.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:55 AM

okay, I won back 5 of the damn buy-ins I lost yesterday. frickin' poker.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:40 PM

Hey, I'm looking to fill up a HORSE SnG (8 people) right now. I've got 4 guys from the Microlimit forum with whom I often play these. If you're interested, IM me at MrWookie47
Old 08-27-2007, 11:19 AM

Does anyone here play heads-up limit? I tried it out today and it just seems like bingo. I'm sure there ARE strategies involved, but it mostly looks like the truest form of poker gambling. And the variance is (obviously) insane.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone here play heads-up limit? I tried it out today and it just seems like bingo. I'm sure there ARE strategies involved, but it mostly looks like the truest form of poker gambling. And the variance is (obviously) insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm generalising here, but...for his HU FL games against the Corporation, didn't Andy Beal just memorise which sets of cards had a 50+% chance of winning if shown down to the river and push with them?

He won with this system in the games where the blinds were outside the pros' comfort zones. It's the best strategy I've seen so far.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm generalising here, but...for his HU FL games against the Corporation, didn't Andy Beal just memorise which sets of cards had a 50+% chance of winning if shown down to the river and push with them?

He won with this system in the games where the blinds were outside the pros' comfort zones. It's the best strategy I've seen so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong, but I thought that game was a limit game as well. I imagine HU NL is a whole new world of hurt...
Old 08-27-2007, 11:37 AM

They were limit games. I'm not a hold'em player, so maybe my terminology's wrong when I say 'pushed'. For that, read 'played aggressively' or whatever.

And yea, I don't even want to think about HU NL games [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2007, 11:49 AM

I think you can do similar w/NL once you have less than 1/3rd of the total chips. The other guy just waits for a good hand whilst you chip it back to a 50/50 of chips.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:31 PM

while I don't know how it wound up int he lounge poker thread, 4_3_it is now part of the league , may god have mercy on our souls