Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: YEREKEEO
Your erection: reason everyone keeps ejaculating (elephantitis, obviously) 4 44.44%
yankees,especially rodriguez = egocenntric [killrallying envious egotistacal overated] 1 11.11%
Young Elvis ruled... eventually kept eating... enter obesity. 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Official Supernova Elite Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Give SuperNova's a choice of either one entry per month into either the Million, the Warm-Up or the Second-Chance

[/ QUOTE ]

Just think about how this would market...

Each month, our SuperNovas get a free shot in one of the biggest online tournaments in the world with over A MILLION dollars in prize money...
Old 08-21-2007, 03:40 PM

------i believe the offer should be 0fpp for $100 at least?!...no?

Keep in mind only 1 out of 3 SN play the event. If we scrap the events what is awarded needs to be divided among 3x as many people.

Scotty
Old 08-21-2007, 03:48 PM

didnt know how many sn play the event...but still for the ones who play thats the real value...personally i only missed 1 until now as i usually play on saturdays(too many fish around not too) and that was a couple of weeks ago...so in my case and any other sn who consider the freeroll as part of the bonus of being a sn 0fpp for $100 at least is about optimal...if its anything less you are taking value away from the players...

edit: ofcourse the above is based on the average no. of players who actually play at the moment...whether, as you said previously, the forecast for the freeroll was 1K people thats a different scenario...but I for one play for 50k with 800 others at the moment(used to be less)...and i d be happy with ofpp=$100, as I am taking advantage of the freeroll offered to me anyway...if some people dont want to thats for them to decide, but I dont think its sensible to minimise my ev because others dont want to play a <$65 tourney
Old 08-21-2007, 03:57 PM

Yeah, that's a problem I guess.

But the fact that only 1/3 of SN's play them in the first place combined with the input here that some of the SN's who actually are playing them really rather would not should kind of tell you something.

Is there just no way that there can be some flexible scheduling for these things?
I would absolutely love them if I could play them at my choosing.

Another idea would be SN or VIP single-table SNG's or 45-player max SNG's or something so that they would go off fairly regularly.
Sort of how I view at the 5400 FPP satellites into the Sunday million which some players use as a way to convert their FPP's into T$.

I think I've mentioned this before and it's pretty much like the special V$ idea we've discussed before. But what I'm thinking is:
For VIP SNG's you would get X number of VIP tickets per month or something.
Silvers get 1 per month, Gold 3, Plat 5, SN 15.
Or whatever would be appropriate.

You offer VIP SNG's at prices ranging from 1 ticket to 15 tickets. Silvers and Golds could play in the 1-ticket one or they can choose to save up them up and spend them all on a 15-ticket one.

You can even have a scheduled weekly and/or monthly VIP tourney that costs 5 tickets to play if you wanted to or something like that which would obviously attract quite a few and would generate a larger prize-pool.

Some don't like tourneys at all of course and these players would still be stuck with tourney stuff so it might not make them much happier.

But i actually don't mind the tourneys themselves and when they fit in perfectly with my schedule then the current VIP tourneys are great.
Would just like some flexible scheduling for the many many Saturday afternoons when I would otherwise prefer to be doing something else.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:01 PM

Another idea would be to have 1 Saturday afternoon and 1 Wednesday night VIP tourney each week. You are allowed to enter EITHER one but not both.
This would at least allow for SOME flexibility.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:19 PM

I like some of Micro-Bob's ideas here.

Maybe the V$ (or tickets) could be saved and used in some of the other special tournaments like the one-table tournaments with a member of Team PokerStars.

I would pretty much support any idea that offers some flexibility without completely wiping out the value that we're getting. I think it would be great to run them twice a week as Bob suggested and allow each player to play in one of them. And I agree that Wednesday night would be a good time to offer an alternate tournament.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:26 PM

Yeah, I have no real desire to spend my FPP's on a one-table with Raymer or Hachem when I can just spend the points on cash.
But if it was an option of how to spend my VIP-tickets or V$ I would definitely give one of those a try sometime.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:28 PM

actually i d love to be able to take on raymer and hachem week in week out...

edit:with a bounty on their heads ofcourse
Old 08-21-2007, 04:36 PM

I think it would be pretty easy to offer the Wednesday night tournament with a 20k prizepool and cut back the Saturday prizepool to 30k. (And then tweak it as necessary so that the tournaments are equal in value).

The problem with a program such as V$ is that all of a sudden the $$$ that is in this promotion gets shared with 3 times as many people as it is now.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:40 PM

It seems to me that having the VIP tourney on a Saturday forces many people to log into Stars and play (who would otherwise not play on Saturdays). Not only do they have you playing during your normal schedule, but they get you away from non-poker things on Saturday to play some more (I'm sure most of us play other tables while playing the tourney - and probably before and after the tourney as well). This thread seems to just reinforce the logic behind offering an incentive to log into your account on a Saturday when you would otherwise not be playing.

I believe the argument would be stronger if everyone cried: "I never play poker on Wednesdays, so offering the tourney on a Wednesday would cause me to play." Obviously, Stars knows when everyone plays, but by crying and saying that you would normally NOT play on a Saturday, you're effectively making a strong case for why Stars SHOULD keep it on a Saturday.

I apologize if someone already brought this up as I have only skimmed this thread.