Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: BBV
This is clearly B, B, or V 4 6.35%
double you tea eff mate? 8 12.70%
TGIF Mate! 6 9.52%
BBV gets worse every day 14 22.22%
BBV gets better every day 10 15.87%
BBV got so bad it was good but now the downward spiral is like looking like Snakes on a Plane 2 starring Heratio Sanz (no samuel L= beat zomg) 11 17.46%
Danza, ysscky 10 15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2007, 02:42 AM

Default Re: Ozzy87 busted for speeding

[ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure the only thing my parents ever taught me was to not let a cop search your car for no reason, whether or not you have something to hide.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure wish my parents had taught me this.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:42 AM

What if Ozzy was acting nervous and jittery when the cop asked him if he could search his car and he said no? The cop then calls the K9 unit and has a drug sniffing dog show up. In most, if not all states, if the dog "hits" on the car they have the right to search it. Just because you don't give them the consent to search your car doesn't mean they can't/won't come up with a reason to do it.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:44 AM

yes they can call a k9 unit yet in most cases they are bluffing and will not go through with it. (I have been in this situation myself)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjM...ed&search=
longer vid
Old 08-10-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What if Ozzy was acting nervous and jittery when the cop asked him if he could search his car and he said no? The cop then calls the K9 unit and has a drug sniffing dog show up. In most, if not all states, if the dog "hits" on the car they have the right to search it. Just because you don't give them the consent to search your car doesn't mean they can't/won't come up with a reason to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you contest a search and they do it anyway without a warrant, you have a pretty good case in court to have any evidence found to be thrown out, which is why cops shouldn't ever search your car after you've contested it. If they really want to they can book you and get a warrant, but they can't just search your car.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Once the cops are done asking you questions all you need to do is ask if they are detaining you. If not, you can go. If they are and they don't have probable cause for doing so they're in deep [censored].
Old 08-10-2007, 02:49 AM

"You can talk to my lawyer" Poker ballas need lawyers and other stuff to cover their asses
Old 08-10-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cop haters,

Please explain to me what any of law enforcement did wrong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did anyone in this thread even say anything bad about cops, or are you just looking for a fight?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Dont think all you legal whiz tough guys get it. Both Ozzy and barney fief were likely very nervous. Also, very good chance car was getting searched no matter what.

2. Yeah, for sure he should not consent. But, you have 19 year old, arab, out of state, new beamer, coming back from 'vegas, he's 19, and hick cop with visions of being hero who catches next terrorist.

3. " Uh, Ozzy isn't of Arab descent..."
and i'm sure barney is aware of that. nit.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cop haters,

[/ QUOTE ]

take the 50k and send the kid packing?

[/ QUOTE ]

"His car, money and laptop were returned to him."
Old 08-10-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cop haters,

[/ QUOTE ]

take the 50k and send the kid packing?

[/ QUOTE ]

"His car, money and laptop were returned to him."

[/ QUOTE ]
no, he's saying what they did wrong was NOT doing that
Old 08-10-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Once the cops are done asking you questions all you need to do is ask if they are detaining you. If not, you can go. If they are and they don't have probable cause for doing so they're in deep [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think that's how it works in the real world? My mom is a retired police officer. I got to ride with her many times when I was younger. Believe me, 99% of the people that think they can "beat" the cops lose.

In theory what you're saying should be true but it isn't. Who do you think the courts are going to believe...the cop or the guy who was driving like a maniac, speeding, carrying false ID, in possession of illegal drugs and paraphernalia and tested positive? My $$ goes on the cop.

I'm not trying to get in a pissing contest with anyone but some people can be naive about how things work in the real world.