Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Kendall traded...

Trimming the roster down. Star Ledger is reporting the following players have already been cut. More to follow.

-Kimo
-Wadsworth
-Haynes
-Schlegel

No big surprises there except that the Jets FO is obviously admitting making two mistakes last season (signing Kimo to a 3yr deal) and drafting Schlegel in the 3rd round).
Old 09-01-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Trimming the roster down. Star Ledger is reporting the following players have already been cut. More to follow.

-Kimo
-Wadsworth
-Haynes
-Schlegel

No big surprises there except that the Jets FO is obviously admitting making two mistakes last season (signing Kimo to a 3yr deal) and drafting Schlegel in the 3rd round).

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, Kimo was a mistake, but Schlegel was a disapointment. He should of beeen something decent, but just never panned out.

Anyway, 8 days till the Pats come to us. Pretty excited
Old 09-01-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, Kimo was a mistake, but Schlegel was a disapointment. He should of beeen something decent, but just never panned out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well everyone said Schlegel in the 3rd round was way too high. I think Tangini got caught up with the whole hunting of wild boar with a knife business. Since he was a 3rd round pick I guess you could say he is a bust, but this was clearly more of the Jets FO screwing up and taking this guy too high in the draft.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:44 PM

There's a chance of the Jets signing Keydrick Vincent. Which is funny because they are probably gonna pay him more than what they offered Kendall. At least he's a bit younger, but he is also worse. WP Jets FO.

Put me on the Kellen Clemens bandwagon. I know Pennington is better than him at the moment, but Penny won't lead us to a SB.

Rumours are also starting about trading Dyson for a LG. I wouldn't want to let go of Dyson, who was our best CB last year, but LG is IMO our biggest need.

Harris and Revis are both coming along well and should see their share of time on the field this year. Stuckey should also make the 53 man, he has been impressive in camp and in the preseason. The J-E-T-S drafted well for once.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Put me on the Kellen Clemens bandwagon. I know Pennington is better than him at the moment, but Penny won't lead us to a SB.

[/ QUOTE ]
im not ready to give up on pennington just yet. i think this year will really show his true colors as he has a legit running game and solid receivers. i still think he has it in him to take the team deep into the playoffs
Old 09-01-2007, 10:15 PM

y are we getting so down on pennington?? i agree he's get no where if he doesn't get blocking and obviously there are problem on both lines...

of course i'm optimistic, but again, not expecting big things...i mostly want to see some improvement against the run, the results there completely piss me off, but i don't know how much of this is robertson's fault, i guess i'm a bit easier on him than others, playing nose in a 3-4 has to be brutal...
Old 09-01-2007, 10:31 PM

When healthy, Chad is a top 10 QB. Not sure why all the hate...
Old 09-02-2007, 02:47 AM

Chad is never healthy, and if he was, he wouldn't be a top 10 QB in the league. The man has never stepped up in a big game (other than the Colts playoff game, but the defense owned Manning that game).
Old 09-02-2007, 04:27 AM

He's had 2 great playoff performances, and 1 poor one.

WTF are you talking about?
Old 09-02-2007, 05:10 AM

Default Re: *****The Official 2007 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS THREAD******

I hate hate hate the Jets Jets Jets Jets!

I am 44 years old and my earliest football memory is of hating the NY Jets, over 35 years ago.

I despise the fans at GIANTS stadium when the Jets play their home games (and only a team as lame as the Jets would play in a stadium named after another team!)

I hate the loudmouth boobs who scream and yell during the draft.

I hate Boozer and O'Brien and Klecko and Riggins and yes, I even hate Namath.

Most of all, I hate your stupid-azz cheer.

I'm a Buffalo bills fan. good luck with the season! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]