Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: When is the 75 going in?
turn 13 56.52%
river 5 21.74%
It never/sometimes gets into the pot 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2007, 04:58 AM

Default Re: I cannot win on pokerstars. Reasons ??

people mention numbers percentages probabilities etc...do these people take into consideration extra information (e.g. flop turn river) when they say that probabilities are fkin with them and they should have won so many times?...even though I believe OP's numbers are way off reality...keep in mind that extra bit of info available when a hand is over
Old 08-11-2007, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, you're the idiot.....Oh noes, someone is questioning the legitmacy of an online poker site.....omgodz sick the hounds on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have not provided any evidence, or any proof, that online poker sites are rigged.

thus, you seem to believe something without any evidence, or any reason for believing it.

that seems to be fairly close to my working definition of the word "idiot"

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read his post moron? And why are you saying "you"?

I haven't made any claims.

Does the online poker sites hire you goons to patrol the boards and constantly sing the same old song?

What would it take for you to believe there "might" be improper, unethical dealings from a poker site?

I suppose ur the same idiot who thinks ub black jack is 100% legit. It appears some retards forget it's all software programmed by humans.

I'm not saying it is "rigged" but I don't automatically dismiss someones questions about it and start hurling insults.

I would like one of you insult hurling tards to prove that it isn't rigged with factual PROOF>.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:37 AM

Please to tell me about UB blackjack!
Old 08-11-2007, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it you want to know?
Old 08-11-2007, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying it is "rigged" but I don't automatically dismiss someones questions about it and start hurling insults.

I would like one of you insult hurling tards to prove that it isn't rigged with factual PROOF>.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've already offered to "confirm" his numbers if he PMs me with his User ID, or posts it in this thread. I can then look in the system and find out what the numbers are. No response.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:55 AM

That's cool.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, you're the idiot.....Oh noes, someone is questioning the legitmacy of an online poker site.....omgodz sick the hounds on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have not provided any evidence, or any proof, that online poker sites are rigged.

thus, you seem to believe something without any evidence, or any reason for believing it.

that seems to be fairly close to my working definition of the word "idiot"

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read his post moron? And why are you saying "you"?

I haven't made any claims.

Does the online poker sites hire you goons to patrol the boards and constantly sing the same old song?

What would it take for you to believe there "might" be improper, unethical dealings from a poker site?

I suppose ur the same idiot who thinks ub black jack is 100% legit. It appears some retards forget it's all software programmed by humans.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol?
Old 08-11-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AA 971 times
KK 882
QQ 929
JJ 785
1010 1032

[/ QUOTE ]

On average, you'll get each pocket pair 380 times over 84,000 hands. The standard deviation is 19.5. Getting aces 971 times is therefore a 30 standard deviation event. It is safe to say that you are either lying or that it wasn't 84,000 hands.

Just to give you some idea of how unlikely a 30 SD event is, the likelihood of only a 7 SD event is 1 in 776 billion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think the odds of this event happenning are roughly one over the number of atoms in the milky way.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do these people take into consideration extra information (e.g. flop turn river) when they say that probabilities are fkin with them and they should have won so many times?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I believe a lot of the people who whine about the bad-beats are pretty much forgetting the times they got the suck-out.
When an A comes on the flop and I hit 2-pair on the river to beat somebody's AK they're going to whine about it being a bad-beat.
But when THEY are the one catching the 2-pair it is quickly forgotten because they felt they deserved to win anyway. And lots of times they don't even know they won by suck-out if they never see the other player's cards.

Even better is if I have KK vs. 77 pre-flop.
If they hit a 7 on the turn and then I suck out on them with a K on the river they will complain about the horrible bad-beat. Well dude, you got pretty lucky to take the lead there in the first place but you seem to have conveniently forgotten that part. That's life.

The other bad-beat complaining that amuses me is when I have some nut flush-draw with one over-card or something and maybe hit a runner-runner straight to win the hand.
It looks like a bad beat. But I was drawing to 12 or so outs on the turn and that increased to 15 outs for the river. Not really that huge of a beat dude.

Some people just don't seem to get that when you are ahead pre-flop or on the flop you're not going to win all the time.

As I've said before, I just don't think some people understand how much 30% really is.
70/30 may feel like a huge advantage but when the 30% wins it's really not that big a deal.

Try going to a baseball game and when a .300 player gets a hit then freak-out about how crazy that is and how rigged/skewed the game must be.