Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Re: Weird/funny coincidences in your life

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, every natural hair color is represented in my immediate family.
Also, we all have blue eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the eyes thing distinctly non-coincidental?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I suppose since it's DNA-dependent. I just think it's weird that our hair is so varied, yet our eyes are all the same shade of blue.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I discovered two previosuly unknown (to my family, anyway) recordings on which my grandfather played in the mid-1920s, one of which was a song he wrote, when I accidentally misspelled his name in a google search.

Full story here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was a weird coincidence that your grandfather played in a band called the Naval Academy 10 and the picture of them had 11 people.

Very cool story though.

+EV
Old 08-12-2007, 09:05 PM

a well above average coincidence: http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22234587-5002700,00.html
Old 08-13-2007, 12:33 PM

I have an identical twin brother. This happened on two occasions when we were younger, around 10-13.

Me: I had this crazy dream last night. I would walk upstairs and the bedroom

Him: Would turn into a mountain cliff, right?

We had the EXACT same dream and would recount the same details to each other.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:02 PM

The other day I'm walking into my apartment when somebody bolts out of one of the lower units to get my attention.

He's a kid who went to my high school, was looking at people from our HS on myspace, and had just been looking specifically at my myspace when he saw me outside.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The last two girls I dated were both half-white and half-Mexican. They look nothing alike whatsoever.

I have no idea if that's threadworthy, but it's the first thing that popped into my head. I have no doubt there are many others.

[/ QUOTE ]

nath,

spooky.

[/ QUOTE ]
haha yeah, the last two girls I was emotionally involved with (first one was a weird story that I wont get into, but not a relationship) are both indian and have the same first name, and I wasn't gonna post it here cause it was too lame

oh and they also look nothing alike

also there was this other indian girl with the same first name who I went on a spring break service trip with who was really hot, but I didn't hook up with her (and wouldn't even if we'd both wanted to, just because it would have weirded me out too much). I swear I don't have a fetish =[
Old 08-13-2007, 08:02 PM

My parents are divorced. My mom is remarried to John.

John and his first wife got married on the exact same day of the same year as my dad and my mom's original wedding.

The invitations even had the same time of day listed.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:17 PM

ok..I met this girl online around the time my mom died. Funny story is she knew my mom and she use to live across the street from me when i was younger (i was 18 she was 12) We were both dating somebody else at the time but i later hooked up with her 3 years later.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:33 AM

Mine are similar to DrewDevil's and MicroBob's from early in the thread (I know I've posted the 2nd one before).

1) My college roommate and I were born at the exact same time. An hour difference on the birth certificates, but because of the time zones, it was the same time (at least within the minute).

2) How I met my wife is a long story, but I'll give the "short" version. We met at a wedding in southern Virginia in 1998. I knew one person at the wedding (aside from my date, who I had met a month before), and had flown out from Wisconsin to attend on a whim. While my date was ignoring me, I met a girl whose date was ignoring her. She knew I was from Wisconsin and asked me if I new one specific girl out of everyone in the entire state. I did - I went to high school with her. Turns out, my (future) wife and I went to the same kindergarten and first grade back in Wisconsin before she moved away. We are even on the same page in the yearbook.

In the years since, we have unearthed some slides and photos of us performing in a play and some other class events together.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:03 AM

The most interesting one I have was from my freshman year of college. I went to a school about four hours from home. After being up there for a month or so, I talked a friend from my floor to go to a freshman/Greek broomball tournament. Basically, it's a frat tourney, but they divided up all the freshmen who showed up and put them with random frats to get to know the brothers and learn about Greek life and such.

My friend and I were put on the same team and after our first game, we were sitting in the stands with the guys from the frat we were paired with. The president started asking us questions and eventually, he asks where we're from, so I tell him. He said he was from the same city and asked which part of town. I tell him and he again said he's from that area. I tell him my address and and we were suprised again as he lived two blocks from my house. Knowing I was a few years younger than him, he tells me he has a sister my age, gave me her name, and asked if I knew her. Turns out, not only did I know her, but we sat next to each other in 4th grade and got in trouble together one time, half for passing notes back and forth in class and half because the pad we were using said 'Dear Horse's Ass' on the top.