Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: LuckyJimm on a PLO spin-up - should I quit while I\'m ahead?

[ QUOTE ]
Hey LuckyJimm,

I posted a similar story where I ran 25 bux up to around 1k in a span of a day. I played mostly PLO.

Now, a day later, I'm up to 2.3k. I play mostly PLO. It's a tricky game, you definitely have to have a solid head to play as you will get outdrawn alot. I've been just buying in a little above minimum.

It's a tough game for sure with lots of swings. But I think PLO is definitely an easy way to go robusto in a few hours.

Good luck with the rest, I'd take shots at higher limits while only risking a 1/4 or so of your bankroll, depending on how the game is going and how you rate your skill.

That's what I've been doing, and managed to get 25 up to 2.3k in a few days of PLO.

Good luck to ya

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - yes, I saw and replied to your post, writing about my friend's PLO spin-up at the weekend. I'm sorry I didn't heed my own advice and quit ahead, heheh. It's a fun game to try to go on crazy runs with - there was an interesting post on PLO rampaging a year or two back which you should be able to find with Google that presents an argument on how best to do it.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:36 PM

Way to go bust with a "broadway straight draw" if his pair of 3's on the turn busted you, does that mean you called off your stack or pushed with nothing but a draw into a heavy action board? wow
Old 08-01-2007, 02:47 PM

A couple months ago I went on a PLO tear from 25 to 22k in less than a week.

Right now I'm at 2.3k from 25 in three days. Hopefully I learned from my mistakes and keep going up. It's definitely a game where it's very possible to lose a buy in within the first few minutes of sitting, but you can't let that bring you down. If you play steady and off tilt, and play only very large draws that would make the nuts.. You can definitely be up a handful of buyins very quickly.

It's a great change of pace from NL Holdem, after long sessions of PLO, if I go play NL Holdem, I almost always win much bigger.

Very fun game, I remember when I was playing Aba20 at 25/50 PLO, I actually took like 7k off him but that's pocket change for him. Lots of fish play PLO