Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Schneids is in \"The Well\"

[ QUOTE ]

what is the meaning of life?

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I'm aware, it's the pursuit of happiness and fulfillment both for yourself and others.

[ QUOTE ]
what is your favorite non-HE poker game? your least favorite?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thus far in my limited experience with them, either LO8 or PLO would be my favs. I am not a fan of razz (if that counts as an answer), or else triple draw (it's frustrating starting with a good 4 card 7-hi draw and whiffing over and over).
Old 08-01-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

How important was taking "shots" in your early career?

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost never took shots, but wish I had been more daring.

[ QUOTE ]
What advice would you give someone that is a bankroll nit at the 2/4-5/10 level that plays for side-income and just keeps cashing out everything over 1000bb each month?

[/ QUOTE ]

Scout out something a little bigger and take a shot at it one night when the game is good.

[ QUOTE ]
I have watched Stox video's , how would you compare your style to Stox?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't knowingly played vs Stox in a year or two, but as of then, I think he played a lot more passively than me, but was very conscientious of his image and put it to use in good ways.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your favorite strategy post that you've made on 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any of them would probably have been 1+ year ago... I remember a hand I posted a few years ago where I had 22 in the BB and checkraised 2 people on the turn (unimproved) for value and that hand brought some good discussion.

[ QUOTE ]

What's your favorite strategy post that has been made by someone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Undecided. I learned so much so long ago...

[ QUOTE ]

What's your favorite beer? What's your favorite liquor? Favorite mixed drink?

[/ QUOTE ]

Corona or Blue Moon/disaranno/vodka + sobe adrenaline rush
Old 08-01-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Did you block me on AIM? If so, how come I can't find your screenname even when I look at offline contacts.

Did you send a ninja to my house to delete it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, you are on my buddy list. I don't associate with ninjas, I'm a cliquey, sheltered Minnesotan.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who are you afraid of/think is better than you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm a favorite in any 4-6 handed LHE game. There are several guys who I am hesistant to play with shorter than that though, such as Hosstbf, Joe Cassidy, Tommy, Baronzeus, Jumper, and many many other guys.

[ QUOTE ]

What do you think of Pokerbob personally?

[/ QUOTE ]

Great guy, one of my favorites.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think someone who is beating small games(<30-60 live, <5-10 online) is likely to be able to beat the PS 30 or even 100? I know this is worded poorly, but do you think that players who are "decent" can become excellent? It seems like everyone who is playing 50+ online started playing poker like two years ago and those who are playing 5-10 online and beating it have been doing so for 2 years as well.

I don't wanna be just a 20-40 player

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they could make it if they are prepared for the increased aggression. PokerBob could probably explain it better than me but I know he's said that playing in our occasional MN home games (and talking with us about some concepts and ideas) helped him a ton because he learned how to play against spazztards like me and BK and also how to mix up his own game a little more.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What is the best image to have in most 6 max online games? What about live fullring?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in LHE in general, the more unbluffable and the looser your opponents think you are, the better. Of course, the key is for them to be wrong about both -- just as long as they think you are more so than you are.

[ QUOTE ]
How important is it to give action on marginal made hands that might not warrant it in a vacuum, in order to increase value on your semibluffs or get people to give you more action in future? How hard is it to not go overboard with this idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty important, but I know if you were to ask someone like Baronzeus, he would probably discount the importance of it much more so than I do. I think it's a good thing just for the "fear" factor and pacifying people into calling or folding against you, unless they have legit monsters. And yes, it's tough to balance properly and easy to go overboard with.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I try this at a 1-2 game and I lose to QT high after the river goes cc

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe it's something more likely to work in a higher game where people are more willingly putting in multiple continuation bets with nothing... It's a tough act to figure out if an opponent is capable of that with any sort of consistency, or not.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) If I pass you at CP and say hello will you say hello back next time? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Introduce and name yourself, then sure! I get lots of people who say hi to me and I'm not good with names, so it makes things easier for me if everyone just assumes I can't remember their name or face [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

2) Did you live on campus? Where?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've lived at: Comstock, Melrose Apartments, University Commons, and the Chateau.

[ QUOTE ]
3) Can you speak a foreign language?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had 5 years of Spanish, and 2 years of Italian....But I've forgotten most of it. I think if I got out a language book and studied it on a flight to Spain or Italy, I'd be able to get by in those 2 countries.

[ QUOTE ]
4) T'Wolves fan? What do you think of the Garnett trade?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Glad it happened. Garnett's contract weighted us down too much, and he is a great guy and I'm happy he'll finally get a chance to have a legit shot at a ring.

[ QUOTE ]

5) Anyone you want the Twins to get rid of? All I need to do is go get thier autograph. As is demonstrated by my Ortiz, Pierzinski, Mientkiewicz, Koskie, Guardado, Milton and Guzman autographs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesse Crain, Ramon Ortiz, Sidney Ponson.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:56 AM

Schneids, this thread is awesome.

I am fascinated with knowing who are the best LHE players in the world and your opinion on that.

[ QUOTE ]
live -- tommy (don't remember his last name)

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you played or watched any of the mainstream TV poker LHE guns (Lederer, etc.)? What about the 4K/8K big game guys? Can those guys play limit holdem?

Oh yeah, can you tell us who you think are the best HUHU players on the internet?

Thanks again Schneids.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have a link to any of the 60k in 60 days? I remember reading that when I was starting out and thinking to myself "no way I ever play as big as 10/20".

[/ QUOTE ]

It's somewhere in the archives, don't know where, and I'm pretty lazy so you'll have to search or hope someone else does [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
On a more serious tip, as best you can, please describe the process, for lack of a better word, of taking a shot in such a way as to make the experience both valuable and not BR crippling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a good person to ask about shot taking cuz I've rarely done it. Anyway, when I have, I basically set a stop loss in my head, and then stick to it if it happens.
Closed Thread