Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Prop bet thread

[ QUOTE ]
I'd take a 3W, 7i and SW. Although most people don't believe it, your 3W goes nearly as far as your 1W. You can putt with the blade of your 7i or SW, whichever has a flatter sole. It's not nearly as hard as you think it is. Just practice it for like 5 minutes before the round.

[/ QUOTE ]

In previous discussions that I've seen, not taking a putter has been regarded as a pretty disastrous decision. People have a hard enough time putting with a specialized club - trying to do it with the blade of a 7i is probably going to cost a lot more strokes than teeing off with a 5i.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ship,

That is a pretty easy bet for the 226 pound guy. He can probably lose 15-20 pounds easily with just a 7-week crash diet and a little exercise. The rest he can just cut before weigh-in. Gotta carry a lot of water weight at 226.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this bet is super easy. A few years back some people on my floor asked if I wanted to join their IM wrestling team, I joined and had to make weight of 198 within one week and I weighed like 220 at the time. I made a bet with my friend and won pretty easily with the use of laxitives and not eating/drinking the day before weigh in. I can only assume this would be super easy with 7 weeks.

On a side note, I made a huge ass of myself wrestling, as I'd never done it before in my life and was under the impression that I was signing up for the b'class. There was only an "A" class, and my lanky ass got took to the ground very very quickly against a guy who had wrestling shoes/helmet/uniform.

edit: I hold no misconception that I "lost" that much weight in that time, I'm just saying that it's very easy to make your body weigh that much less in a short amount of time.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:18 PM

for the golfing bet if you don't hit the ball far i've seen a lot of success w/ the 5wood, 7iron, wedge. 5wood is easier to putt w/ than long iron too imo. if you do hit the ball far a 4iron'ish, 8iron'ish, putter combo will probably be the best. 4iron, workable 8iron will fit in nicely w/ most par4s and 8 iron is pretty versatile around the greens.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:21 AM

That 226 to 200 bet is soooooooo easy.

That's the type of bet a busto college kid like me could essentially bet the net worth on.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:38 AM

i would be willing to take on some props involving drinking or/and bicycling.

fwiw im about 5-9 220 lbs.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:59 AM

just some random prop bets that i have experienced...

i bet a friend when we were eating at the wynn cafe (late night, buffet closed) he couldn't eat/drink a cup A1 steak sauce in 15 minutes and he couldn't puke for 1:30 after he finished the A1 (he was going on about how good the A1 was gonna taste on his steak, i told him it ruins a good steak).

he was so thirsty and had to wash the A1 down that he chugged a glass of wine and went had a smoke. he had 1 drag and ran to the bathroom. he was on his knees outside the bathroom while i was counting down the seconds.

he threw up all over the bathroom and had to clean it up but he won the bet.

even more dumb...

i bet a friend while were sitting in a hot tub that he couldnt stay in the pool for a minute without moving (the pool was 41 degrees). he did it, but we had to pull him out of the pool because he couldn't move his body. he said he felt paralyzed. i wouldn't advise doing that.

i run bad in prop bets.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:08 AM

i heard a really bizarre story/bet about Augusta National. It's widely known how tough the greens are and what not and how the members are in love with their course, and they should be. A member brought a guest out there and along the way they had got into a dispute over the greens and how tough they "actually" were. the guest, having no clue whatsoever, said the greens couldn't be as tough as they actually are said to be. the member, in response to the guest, said that he will place the guests ball on every green and guaranteed that he will not 2 putt a single green. the guest, in obvious disagreement, took the bet and lost, 4 and 5 putting many of the tough Augusta greens. the guest was a near scratch golfer at his home club.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:43 AM

whats a good line for betting on car license plates.

carrotsnake and i drove from vegas to atlanta, and obv got really bored. so we started betting on the numbers of the cars in front.

whats the over/under of cars license plates when u multiply all the numbers together? we couldnt figure out a good line.

letters are blanks, zeros are blanks too.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:45 AM

X-Post!

[ QUOTE ]

Hello Denizens of BBV!

I am organizing the first annual world series of prop betting to be held in the South Bay of Los Angeles.

This is a 2 day event starting on August 11th (Saturday/Sunday)

The following events will be included in tournament form. Buyins will be ~$500

- HU Beer Pong - Random Draw 6 cup best of 3.
- Go Carts (Lap Times)
- Ski-Ball - Best 3 Scores Cumulative or HU Random Draw
- Air Hockey - Random Draw Sudden Death Elimination
- Mini Golf - 72 holes lowest score wins
- Mini Basketball Arcade - HU random draw
- Quarters - Format Undecided
- Batting Cage - Format Undecided

Any other games will be considered to be added to the tournament roster. Of course cash games will be available on the side.

Please post here if you are interested.

Slider

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-26-2007, 07:37 AM

Damn, that sure would be an awesome way to welcome myself to LA.

Anyone want to stake me for this gamble-athon? All profits go to you!