Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Property and water rights?

[ QUOTE ]
There are no courts/judges in AC land. Quite simply possession becomes ten tenths of the law. When anarco-capitalism has been praticed - and it has and still is in some places, it's called feudalism - if my army is better than yours, your property is mine if I decide to take it. Just because AC'ers believe thay can devise a system where no King/Emperor/Whatever will rise shows the basic idiocy of their world. Once you solve the problem of maintaining possession your problem becomes keeping the masses in perpetual servitude. All feudalistic societies have used religion, it's pretty good but obviously, ultimately flawed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's necessarily true that no government will arise out of an A/C society, but I don't think the argument that A/C might devolve in our current system is an argument against A/C. Besides, we can get rid of this new government the same way we got rid of the old government.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's necessarily true that no government will arise out of an A/C society, but I don't think the argument that A/C might devolve in our current system is an argument against A/C.

[/ QUOTE ]

Historically, Government has always arisen from an A/C society. The argument against A/C is history. It's not new or radical, it's the first step virtually all societies have taken on the road to more enlightned forms of living with each other.

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, we can get rid of this new government the same way we got rid of the old government.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Revolution. Historically again, the way it's always been done.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:20 PM

superleeds :

There has never really been an A/C society (or even really an A society, to my knoweldge) excepting perhaps a few fringe examples (celtic ireland, some posters claim); none the less, 200 years ago one could use your same arguments to claim slavery would always exist... looking to the past to decide the future seems a little narrow, in my view.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There has never really been an A/C society

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been thousands, they last about 2 seconds and then become feudal systems

[ QUOTE ]
none the less, 200 years ago one could use your same arguments to claim slavery would always exist

[/ QUOTE ]

??? What am I claiming will always exist? Government? Yeah, altho I'm sure my view of what constitutes a government is broader than yours.

[ QUOTE ]
looking to the past to decide the future seems a little narrow, in my view.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems a little narrow, in my view.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are no courts/judges in AC land. Quite simply possession becomes ten tenths of the law. When anarco-capitalism has been praticed - and it has and still is in some places, it's called feudalism - if my army is better than yours, your property is mine if I decide to take it. Just because AC'ers believe thay can devise a system where no King/Emperor/Whatever will rise shows the basic idiocy of their world. Once you solve the problem of maintaining possession your problem becomes keeping the masses in perpetual servitude. All feudalistic societies have used religion, it's pretty good but obviously, ultimately flawed.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, no, thanks for playing
In other news, making claims about something you obviously don't understand usually isn't a good idea.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There has never really been an A/C society

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been thousands, they last about 2 seconds and then become feudal systems

[/ QUOTE ]
You're thinking of anarchist societies not ACist ones. There have been some examples, not thousands. You can read about some here.