Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Best Comedy Sketches of All Time

[ QUOTE ]
the parrot sketch has a bit about another pet store and bolton being the palindrome of ipswich)

[/ QUOTE ]

The palindrome of Bolton would be Notlob??!?!?!
Old 07-20-2007, 07:48 AM

Steve Martin's All-Natural Penis Beauty Cream

.....Steve Martin
Bob Hillets.....Chris Elliot
Dave Marcus.....Kevin Nealon

Steve Martin: Hi, I'm Steve Martin. With so many celebrities endorsing cosmetics these days, I wanted to make sure the cosmetic I endorsed was very special. That's why I'm proud to put my name on.. Steve Martin's All-Natural Penis Beauty Cream.. New Formula. Try my new beauty cream, and in a matter of weeks your penis will be looking smoother and softer, the way women like it. And because of the new formula no more scaling. Here's how it works:

Just take a small amount and rub gently on the penis for several minutes up to a half-hour. You'll notice a difference right away. And, don't worry, a slight discoloration is normal. Bob, tell us, how has my Steve Martin's All-Natural Penis Beauty Cream.. New Formula helped you?

Bob Hillets: Well, Steve, I'm in real estate, and if I'm not confident, I can't do my job.

Steve Martin: And you can't feel confident unless your manhood is smooth and soft, right?

Bob Hillets: Exactly! If I'm thinking about my appearance, I'm not thinking about selling houses. The day I started using Steve's cream, I sold three houses. Now, I have more energy than before, my confidence is sky-high, I just got my pilot's license, and next week I'm flying solo from L.A. to Tahoe with nothing onboard except two jars of your cream.

Steve Martin: That's great!

Bob Hillets: Well, the best part, Steve, is that now I can throw away all those cans of turtle wax.

Steve Martin: Our next guest actually started using my new cream by accident. Isn't that right, Dave?

Dave Marcus: That's right, Steve. I thought it was for something else.

Steve Martin: And now that you've been using the product, how have you found it?

Dave Marcus: Well, Steve.. I've found I have a lovelier, more luxurious, softer penis than I ever had with other beauty creams, probably because it's the first beauty lotion made especially for the johnson. I'll tell you - if I could afford it, I would use your cream 24 hours a day.

Steve Martin: And, is your wife more attracted to you now that you've been using my cream?

Dave Marcus: Well, Steve, my wife recently left me, But before she did, she told me, "I hope you and your Steve Martin's Beauty Cream will be very happy.

Steve Martin: Well, that's a lovely tribute! Thank you, Dave. Steve Martin's All-Natural Penis Beauty Cream.. New Formula. You know it's safe. Why? Because it's tested on animals. And, if you order by mail, don't worry - it's shipped in a plain brown wrapper with the words "Not Penis Cream" stamped all over it in big red letters. So pick up a jar today, and remember, it's the only cream with a picture of my penis on it!
Old 07-20-2007, 08:26 AM

Where's the office linebacker in this list? No love?
Old 07-20-2007, 08:29 AM

Peter cook satire of Jeremy Thorpe trial.

Also loved his Neville Chamberlain 'I hold in my hand a piece of paper' sketch (was that cook?)

chez
Old 07-20-2007, 09:17 AM

An unusual choice: SNL, Spelling Bee (from the Jack Black/Tenacious D hosted episode). First time I saw this I almost [censored] myself to death laughing.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:46 AM

another one probably for the british only is Not The nine-oclocks news 'life of python sketch' which is a satire of an omnibus documentory on the life of Brian.

chez
Old 07-20-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't see anyone post

Who's on First?

Pretty much *the* most famous comedy sketch.

[/ QUOTE ]

the best....this version is a live performance and is slightly better, IMO:

who's on first

[/ QUOTE ]
Classic. I laugh every time I watch it.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT.

No one's mentioned Schlitz ghey yet with Spade and Farley?
Old 07-20-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where's the office linebacker in this list? No love?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that just a commercial?

Thread reminds me that The State was the best thing ever.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:50 AM

Mr. Show- Monk vs. Fat Kids Camp

It's a reasonably funny premise that goes on a bit too long, but it also contains the single funniest bit in history. Mentioned before, but everyone needs Youtube. Anyone who hasn't seen it, watch it and I guarantee you will laugh at least once.

A fantastic Mr Show sketch I can't find on Youtube was a series of clips Bob and David were using to embarrass each other. It flowed into the next sketch from David singing in a bathroom and getting a record contract, but I can't find it anywhere on the internet, not even when looking through a list of sketch titles. For shame, because it's classic. Does this ring a bell with anyone else?

Other good Mr. Show sketches: Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

I think this one is peanut better, and egg, and dice.

Power, Profit, and Passion The 13th Apostle

Jesus, what if I told you the meek could inherit something a whole lot better than the world?
Old 07-20-2007, 10:53 AM

Well 'Who's on first' is definitely the best of all time. I've seen/heard it numerous times and it still cracks me up.