Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: What the hell?!?!? Wendy\'s Breakfast Menu!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I had McDonald's fries for lunch, partially inspired by this thread but mostly because I was in a hurry. They were typically outstanding, A++. Wasn't too hungry though so I called a rare audible and got chicken mcnuggets too. Hmmm, they must cook them in a healthy oil these days because they weren't what I remember.

Also, and as is too often the case, the kid in the drive thru window handed me my food sans condiments. WTF? Had to ask for honey mustard, which is totally retarded because nobody eats that stuff without sauces.

[/ QUOTE ]

did u get the nuggets or the chicken strips...i think there are two options now.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:38 PM

Charlie,

I rolled old school with the McNuggets. Didn't have the appetite for a Big Mac but just getting fries wasn't gonna cut it either. I don't typically eat chicken products so was unaware of the options.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:43 PM

........................................__........ .................................................. ....
.................................,-~*`lllllll`*~,.................................... .............
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll`*-,.....................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..............................
..................,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\............................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\...........................
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,.........................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(`*,`,..........................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)...........................
.....................\,-*`,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\................ .............
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)`~,.. ..................
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.... .....
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\......

I never said well-made McDonalds fries are bad, my point was that most places do a poor job of making them. I seem to always get them after they've been sitting under the heat lamp for a while.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:03 PM

Well, the Wendy's by my office has had breakfast for months, and since I work ridiculously long hours, I've eaten breakfast there once or twice a week. I also go there every morning for my Coke Zero to start the day.

The Frescuit sandwich LOOKS like the Frescata, but it is NOT the same bread.

It is a biscuit. It's very tasty. Frescuit sandwich is one of my favorites ever. They also have a breakfast chicken sandwich that is very good.

I have not tried the Big Sandwich, but one of my officemates has and said it was terrible. Described the bun as "a slightly sweet, soggy hamburger bun". He likes the hashbrowns, which are a full patty. He also liked the biscuits and gravy. They looked pretty good.

I don't eat hashbrowns, and if you get a meal, Wendy's lets you substitute a blueberry muffin or a cinnamon twisty thing with an icing dip. The cinnamon thing is good, although not terribly cinnamony, but you can feel your arteries harden with every bite, and it's so sweet you're tired of it by the end.

The blueberry muffin varies a lot. Some days it is good, some days it's not, and I can't tell what the difference is.

Breakfast burrito and french toast sticks were both good.

I'm embarrassed by how much I know about Wendy's breakfast. Thank god I'm changing jobs soon and I'll be home for more than 6 hours a night.
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

VR

--who can also get a rodeo cheeseburger less than 3 minutes away.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:33 PM

Thanks for the review. I'm looking forward to trying the breakfast burrito.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:37 PM

Solid work by Brian and VR in this thread.

[ QUOTE ]
biscuits and gravy

[/ QUOTE ]

Wha-wha-what? I did not see this anywhere!

Also, looks like 2 slices of cheese on the S&E and BBS!!!
Old 07-17-2007, 06:37 PM

Are the burritos any good at these places? I've never had a fast food breakfast burrito. I really didn't get into the breakfast burrito craze until I moved to California two years ago. There's an authentic mexican joint a few blocks from my house that makes incredible ones. I guess I'm spolied.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are the burritos any good at these places? I've never had a fast food breakfast burrito. I really didn't get into the breakfast burrito craze until I moved to California two years ago. There's an authentic mexican joint a few blocks from my house that makes incredible ones. I guess I'm spolied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv. you should go to the authentic place, since its probably better and just as cheap anyway.

Also, FU to all Southern Cal dudes with their nice weather and taquerias on every corner.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:40 PM

whoa whoa whoa.. hold on. I missed that there was bacon on the steak and egg sandwich. That's pretty incredible. But I hate the normal bun usage.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:40 PM

I need to get to a Bojangles.