Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Sklansky Bucks Calculator: PokerEV

Very nice program. I am trying to run the hand replayer, and I get the message, unable to load hands, site not recognized. All of my hands are from Pokerstars.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very nice program. I am trying to run the hand replayer, and I get the message, unable to load hands, site not recognized. All of my hands are from Pokerstars.

[/ QUOTE ]
Could you cut & paste a couple of hands into a PM? I'm not aware of problems with PokerStars hands at the moment.

Re other sites, non-showdown hands, etc, I'm working on this now.

edit: Someone asked me about the stats overlay in the replayer. The opponents stats are retrieved from PokerAce if you have PokerAce installed, so they'll be the same as your current HUD. If you don't have PokerAce installed (for example, gametime+), they're retrieved from a single database where the hands were loaded from. If all your player stats are in that database then you'll get the same as GameTime+, otherwise you won't. So unless you have PokerAce installed, don't expect them to be the same as the HUD.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:26 PM

Now the replayer is working...not sure what happened..thanks

Is there a way to make the replayer run constantly, so it just shows the next hand, without having to hit a button?
Old 07-29-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Imsakidd says above that he runs good/neutral - is that true? and I'm assuming you (curtains) consistently run bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last month i was below equity, the 2 before that I was above, and this month I am above as well. Some of it probably has to do with the 3 way AI pots (which i mentioned before), but it can take a while for net run to even out.

When you add the database backend i can run 200k+ hands and see what my net run over that sample is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahha I doomswitched myself by posting this.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:31 AM

hey phil,

a few things.

- this is a small bug. in the PokerEV window the pot size is listed as $43.90 instead of $142.60 in this hand.

Table 'Vaticana' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: Reesy ($557.85 in chips)
Seat 2: redargoe ($510.70 in chips)
Seat 3: redrockets55 ($69.30 in chips)
Seat 5: schwza ($398 in chips)
Seat 6: freestyle92 ($407.25 in chips)
freestyle92: posts small blind $2
Reesy: posts big blind $4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to schwza [Ts Qd]
redargoe: folds
redrockets55: calls $4
schwza: raises $16 to $20
freestyle92: folds
Reesy: folds
redrockets55: calls $16
*** FLOP *** [9s 8s Jd]
redrockets55: checks
schwza: bets $148
redrockets55: calls $49.30 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [9s 8s Jd] [9h]
*** RIVER *** [9s 8s Jd 9h] [4h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
redrockets55: shows [Qs Td] (a straight, Eight to Queen)
schwza: shows [Ts Qd] (a straight, Eight to Queen)
redrockets55 collected $71.30 from pot
schwza collected $71.30 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $144.60 | Rake $2
Board [9s 8s Jd 9h 4h]
Seat 1: Reesy (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: redargoe folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: redrockets55 showed [Qs Td] and won ($71.30) with a straight, Eight to Queen
Seat 5: schwza (button) showed [Ts Qd] and won ($71.30) with a straight, Eight to Queen
Seat 6: freestyle92 (small blind) folded before Flop

- i ran your program on the same 70k hand sample as i did for AllinCalc and the difference in all-in luck was significant. i was at -$8.2k for your program and about -$6k for AllinCalc. this is using the "luck graphs" on your program.

i was going to try to check which program was more accurate, but i did not see a simple way to do that. is there a way to see all the information in the "luck graphs" section in a nice easy-to-read format like the table in the analysis section? you can sort of get the info by hovering the mouse on the graph but it is not very readable.

or is there a way to change the view for the analysis section so that it only shows hands that were all-in before the river and will only show the luck EV generated after all the chips were bet?

thanks!

edit: thought of one more thing. it would be cool to see some kind of indication to get a sense of how unlikely or likely it is to have a given amount of luck. in my 70k sample was i extremely unlucky or is that a normal magnitude or luck? i'm not that up on the statistics but i think you could do it with a z-score. it's all just independent random chance events so it should be pretty doable.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:11 PM

Thanks, that is a bug. It doesn't affect the calcs but will give the wrong value in the "total pot size" column where hero overbets and gets called by a shorter stack.

You can look at/verify the all-in values if you scroll to the far right of the analysis tab.

[ QUOTE ]
thought of one more thing. it would be cool to see some kind of indication to get a sense of how unlikely or likely it is to have a given amount of luck.

[/ QUOTE ]
You really need a simulation to quantify this - a simple z-score won't do. But I have another way of showing this which should be as useful as standard deviation.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:58 PM

phil:

When Are you Adding SD/100 for Graphs? Would be nice to know so We could run some simulations or something.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:38 AM

Wow, thanks a lot for this program. It looks great. I'll definitively buy it if you decide to bringout a pay version.

And someone please fix my doomswitch at Stars. All at 1/2NL, 15 buyins below EV in the 13500 hands I played there this year.
Main play is at Crypto, only play Stars when there are not enough tables there so would love Crypto support.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:12 AM

I'm unable to use the software so far... I can load my database, then when I click start it goes through all the hands and says "0 hands successfully enumerated 46881 hands were skipped." Anyone know how to fix that?
Old 08-01-2007, 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm unable to use the software so far... I can load my database, then when I click start it goes through all the hands and says "0 hands successfully enumerated 46881 hands were skipped." Anyone know how to fix that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignore this, I got it to work just closing PT.