Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Re: who is the most gangsta rapper

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For my money the most gangsta rapper would probably be Uncle Murda. Some noteables though would be St. Raw, Sheek Louch, Styles P, Bully, Bucky, and some of the older M.O.P.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean by older? but yah, M.O.P. is dope, one of the very few examples of rap/rock that actually works.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty much just the first few albums, before they dropped off and got signed to G-Unit.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Saigon is a sick up and comer. His album was supposed to drop on the 31 Jul 07 but there is talk that Atlantic doesn't want to release it. Saigon has stated that if Atlantic won't release it that he'll get it out via independent production.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just Blaze posted a long blog about why the album has been put back
Old 07-03-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Saigon is a sick up and comer. His album was supposed to drop on the 31 Jul 07 but there is talk that Atlantic doesn't want to release it. Saigon has stated that if Atlantic won't release it that he'll get it out via independent production.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just Blaze posted a long blog about why the album has been put back

[/ QUOTE ]

why do I find it so funny that he maintains a blog?

anyways, link please.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For my money the most gangsta rapper would probably be Uncle Murda. Some noteables though would be St. Raw, Sheek Louch, Styles P, Bully, Bucky, and some of the older M.O.P.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean by older? but yah, M.O.P. is dope, one of the very few examples of rap/rock that actually works.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty much just the first few albums, before they dropped off and got signed to G-Unit.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah I havent heard anything from them since they signed with g-unit... did they even get to drop an album yet? Its pretty [censored] up how you have all these retards snappin thier fingers and getting record deals, yet m.o.p. keeps getting shuffled around.

fact: ante up is definitely top 3 for most gangsta single.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yah I havent heard anything from them since they signed with g-unit... did they even get to drop an album yet? Its pretty [censored] up how you have all these retards snappin thier fingers and getting record deals, yet m.o.p. keeps getting shuffled around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who signs with G-Unit is doomed to not sell, the only one who sells albums is 50. Its true that all the garbage rappers are making the hot songs now a days. To quote Styles: 'all you need is a hook and a beat, no talent'. And yes ante up is one of the better gangsta songs.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:53 PM

M.O.P. drop an album on g-unit the same day hot-rod does (never).

Just Blaze blog entry on Saigon Situation
Old 07-03-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who signs with G-Unit is doomed to not sell, the only one who sells albums is 50. Its true that all the garbage rappers are making the hot songs now a days. To quote Styles: 'all you need is a hook and a beat, no talent'. And yes ante up is one of the better gangsta songs.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah its funny, 50 is all on hot97 poppin off at the mouth about how coch(sp?) is a graveyard ect ect. But look at gunit, really... whos sold anything? The game, and 50. And the game doesnt really even count. But then again, what teams really push records? Roc-a-fella, disturbing the peace, terror squad, they all have thier AAA artist, but no one else really sells. Thats just the way things work for the most part it seems. The team is just there to hold the stars balls, dropping their best verses on their capo's album, not theirs. I know there are others, but really the only group I can think of that sold group albums and solo albums in big numbers is wu-tang. Oh and ruff ryders.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:34 PM

I think the Roc was moving a lot of units when they were in their prime
Old 07-03-2007, 10:44 PM

rocafella was built from drug money. thats pretty [censored] gangster.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the Roc was moving a lot of units when they were in their prime

[/ QUOTE ]

times where different back then though, the industry is a lot different now. And even so, theres always the one mega star, and no one else really comes close in sales.