Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Living and Playing in Vegas

[ QUOTE ]

As for higher stake games where my raises (or anyone's raises for that matter) are respected, I've got experience with that, and yes, they are, because if it's going to cost the player more money than a measley 5 bucks to call a raise, they are going to think twice before they play the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't think you're getting the point though. You generally make much more from incorrect calls than you make from incorrect folds. (Of course weak-tight games are also profitable, but higher-stakes players make better decisions.)

I too will force myself to be terse to avoid hijacking, but it's covered in Getting Started in Hold 'em as well as a million other places.

Back to the topic: Interesting that Vegas housing is in a bust now, but not surprising I guess since it was at the top of the boom. I'm presently starting a new job here in my hometown which means four-hour drives to Tunica, but hopefully in a couple of years on sound financial footing I'll be the one making these posts about moving west.