Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Knocked Up (the movie)

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Katherine Heigl is hot, but I read this quote from her a few weeks ago which totally turned me off. Luckily, it didn't ruin the movie for me. It was way too good.

"The world is still very bigoted. Go see Borat. I didn't laugh during that movie. I cried. I was horrified."

Sounds like a real fun chick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, with that quote she could easily be talking about all the bigots that Borat exposes in that movie. Unless she feels for the Kazahkis, I think most of the bigotry came from the real life people in that movie. However, she is taking it a little too seriously.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:25 PM

I had no intentions on seeing this movie, but my friend saw it and said it was great, and now all these posts are making me change my mind.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:38 PM

I saw it on Sunday and while I thought it was good, I was actually a little let down due to all the hype I had heard/read on it.

Out of the 4 in my group, we all liked 40 Year Old Virgin alot better. Not even close IMO.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Katherine Heigl is hot, but I read this quote from her a few weeks ago which totally turned me off. Luckily, it didn't ruin the movie for me. It was way too good.

"The world is still very bigoted. Go see Borat. I didn't laugh during that movie. I cried. I was horrified."

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, with that quote she could easily be talking about all the bigots that Borat exposes in that movie. Unless she feels for the Kazahkis, I think most of the bigotry came from the real life people in that movie. However, she is taking it a little too seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't really matter whether she is referring to Borat or to the people he interviewed. If she was actually horrified then she must be incredibly naive, and either way she comes as off as a very dour person.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't really matter whether she is referring to Borat or to the people he interviewed. If she was actually horrified then she must be incredibly naive, and either way she comes as off as a very dour person.

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah blah

i'd be willing to put up with a lot worse from her if she'd be my friend

oh, and i agree with dids - see this movie
Old 06-05-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I wouldn't prefer that to the shiny happy fascist type.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had no intentions on seeing this movie, but my friend saw it and said it was great, and now all these posts are making me change my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get ready to be a daddy!
Old 06-05-2007, 06:27 PM

Haven't gotten around to seeing "Knocked Up" yet, but I did see 40 Year Old Virgin. I thought I was good but not great.

I believe that because there is such a dearth of truly great movies out there, films are labeled "great" when they're really not.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I wouldn't prefer that to the shiny happy fascist type.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hope it doesn't have to be one or the other.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:02 PM

If so, it might be more something wrong with the guy than the chick. But if we had to choose between negatives, I'd rather have an overly sympathetic girl around than an overly egotistic/selfish one.