Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 11:15 PM

Default Re: How to Dominate $1 and $2 No Limit Hold\'em

[ QUOTE ]
and, as per the example, i'd be very inclined to fold after being bet into with more 1 or 2 more callers around (example didn't give details). .... also, i'd be a little concerned that the paired A or K on turn wouldn't be good.

with all due respect, the fact that % improves on turn is very nit-ish..... the turn often changes everything anyway. then i'm extremely worried my pair A/K isn't good.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of that is beside the point. The point is, he doesn't understand the basic concepts. He's the one who said you shouldn't call and used 12.7% as a significant figure. Why present such a nitish figure, and then fail to supply any detail at all about the really important things? The point is, he can't make his point. He claimed the chances would be going down on the turn and that is a reason for folding. Now that I know it's not, then how do I separate fact from fiction? If I'm a beginner I can't, and so the book doesn't help me. If I can figure out where the book's wrong, then I wouldn't be a beginner, and I wouldn't need the book.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jim, you're connecting some odd dots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you're talking to me, I didn't say the book wasn't worthwhile. I said it's got problems.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what kind of game does the author like if he doesn't like loose-passive??

[/ QUOTE ]

He likes a game with 2 TAGs, 2 LAGS, 2 TPs, and 2 LPs. He also says LAGS are extremely destructive to the game, and if they are playing you basically have to wait for cards, which destroys your image. Go figure.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He likes a game with 2 TAGs, 2 LAGS, 2 TPs, and 2 LPs. He also says LAGS are extremely destructive to the game, and if they are playing you basically have to wait for cards, which destroys your image. Go figure.

[/ QUOTE ]

jeff, good responses... and sorry for jumping on you with the nit comment about the turn math. i'd have to see the context. as you said, the number goes up but you also mentioned (as did i) that things changes (and maybe mr. domination thinks same)

that's a strange lineup that he gives in his book. if he doesn't like LAG's, why does he want any? i mostly agree that LAG's are bad. makes you wait around for hands, and then most of table has noticed that you wait for hands.

again, thanks for the comments on the books.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:07 AM

I just received my copy but unfortunately in bad print version.
I am a bit dejected but at least it's readable. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2007, 11:18 AM

Once thing I want to say is that I'm *not* reviewing the book, because I've only read about 45 pages of it. I just want to point out the confusing/wrong things I'm seeing.

Frankly, I still don't understand what types of players he wants at his table and why. He seems to imply that variety itself is more profitable than a table full of the single most profitable style of opponent.

"The more variety at the table, the better. It gives us a chance to mix our play and play our players. The opponents that give up their money the easiest are the most welcome."

The last sentence seems to contradict the first. I really don't understand it.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:14 PM

howtodominate - please release a book contained with old school gambling stories from the 50's, 60's, and 70's. That seems to be your forte and it was the part of your book i really liked.

I spent 10 minutes with your book, which I admit would not show an honest picture of your work however from what little i saw your strategy advice seems tailored to the typical low limit rounder in Vegas, the guy who thinks that advice from 2+2 forum strategy is too loose and reckless because "they all play on the internet", generally thats not a good fit for the audience here. Its not good for the typical low limit grinder in Vegas either IMHO, but its what they want to see and hear - even if its not optimal strategy. If I am wrong than understand thats how it comes across from 10 minutes of reading... which is not a good first impression.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jim, you're connecting some odd dots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you're talking to me, I didn't say the book wasn't worthwhile. I said it's got problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Jeff, no, I believe he was talking to me. The "odd dots" were Sam's advice if game turns loose passive , go home. This style does not work with loose passive.

Phy said that the style was not the only way to play nl cash games , but for 1-2 and 2-5 live it was a "real good way".

The "odd dots" I was connecting I was actually disconnecting. I don't see how a style not to be used for loose-passive games could be real good for 1-2 live games.

My implication, of course, was imo live 1-2 games are most commonly loose-passive or leaning that way. So I did not see the connection of the dots. For me personally, loose-passive games are what I crave and have wet dreams about.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:36 PM

very good book
Old 06-26-2007, 07:58 PM

I am going to have the new printing in house tomorrow (Wednesday).
Mike