Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: How does Marilyn Manson pull this kind of tail?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP,

It has already been said in this thread, but....

"How does Marilyn Manson pull this kind of tail?"

The dude is a super rich and famous rock star. WTF sort of question is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, speaking for me, I wonder it because motives like this, which must be very, very simple and easy to grasp for other people, make no sense to me at all. Who cares? He's still ridiculous and vile. How do you overcome the 'ridiculous and vile' bit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chicks just don't care. If you're a rock star, you get tail. End of story. Accept it: the world is a stupid place, and many people don't value thought or depth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. There's a lot of genius and greatness that dies unheard, but that's still a miniscule portion of the population. Most of us are pretty much clods. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Manson knows how to play the media game in a way that appeals to his target demographic and pisses off the poeple his potential fans would like pissed off, its all a media persona, same as the likes of Alice Cooper and his onstage persona.

FWIW a lot of Goths are pretty intelligent a lot of gothic culture revolves around art and literiture, a lot of them tend to be the loner types who do well in school, and stidies over here have shown generally the goth kids go onto to better jobs than the average cool kids. Its not just about dressing up funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alice Cooper is also a pretty smart, level-headed guy who now spends his retirement playing golf.

The OPs question is ridiculous. He's rich famous and extravagantly sexual (at least his on stage persona is). How on earth wouldn't someone like that not get chicks?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:46 PM

Cardo,

1- You're overthinking a lot of this. Some people are attracted to tall, dark and pale. Some people are attracted to smart. Some people like tempermental math students. Trying to boil this down with reason is a waste of time. If your question is "why does everybody like freaks but nobody seems to like me" review this thread someday and reflect on what might make people find you less than fun to be around.

2- Explain to me how Marilyn Mason is vile? Everybody preforms in costume, his just has more leather and makeup. Was KISS vile? I don't dig the guy's music, but I respect the [censored] out of his hustle.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:59 PM

i don't know if you're familiar with the 'evolutionary process', anacardo, but if you were you wouldn't find it all that baffling.

chicks who liked to f dudes who were more likely to survive and replicate were less likely to perish and more likely to have female offspring that were attracted to the same. guys who amass wealth and popularity are the MOST likely to survive when resources become scarce or when they're physically threatened (they have a bigger gang!). get it?

there is no reason for anything. marilyn manson isn't intrinsically 'vile'. your emotional programming evaluates him and finds him vile - great. let everyone know. but don't act like it's the right viewpoint when it's completely subjective and, above all, beyond your control (why would you willfully choose a value schema that causes you so much distress and confusion?).

there's nothing fuller than an empty mind. nothing to ponder, bro.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know if you're familiar with the 'evolutionary process', anacardo, but if you were you wouldn't find it all that baffling.

chicks who liked to f dudes who were more likely to survive and replicate were less likely to perish and more likely to have female offspring that were attracted to the same. guys who amass wealth and popularity are the MOST likely to survive when resources become scarce or when they're physically threatened (they have a bigger gang!). get it?

there is no reason for anything. marilyn manson isn't intrinsically 'vile'. your emotional programming evaluates him and finds him vile - great. let everyone know. but don't act like it's the right viewpoint when it's completely subjective and, above all, beyond your control (why would you willfully choose a value schema that causes you so much distress and confusion?).

there's nothing fuller than an empty mind. nothing to ponder, bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iiiiii reject most of evolutionary psychology and its implications. To many, perhaps most of you, this is like rejecting the notion that the Earth goes around the sun, so I guess there's no sense in going any further with this line of thinking.