Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Nation\'s Modship

stabn,

Nice tricky cut & paste. I meant that they all four have piss poor judgement, and especially for some of them in the area of being gullible and accepting the lies of hustlers.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Having read that thread, a few thoughts:

The bad logic employed at all fronts in that thread is tragic.

Nation carries himself pretty well, which frankly, is non-standard. He's far from the first mod, or well respected poster, to point out that the "one player to a hand" rule doesn't exist online. Diablo used to post about this a lot.

If you want to de-mod nation for this position, I'd wager that about half the mods on this site would be targets as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think most ppl in this thread agree that Nation should not be de-modded for the one player to a hand thing (other than the OP), he should be de-modded for his conduct in the bot thread or at the very least provide a rational explanation for his position and attempts to quiet people who have worries about the bot situation. Im out to play a round of 18 I will be back later.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) What was wrong with his conduct?

2) Has he not already given a rational explanation? He says he knows the alleged botters, knows of their setup, and says he knows they are not botting. What is irrational about this?

3) How has he "attempted to quiet" anyone? Arguing a different position does not equal attempting to quite someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are fine with mods lying?
Old 05-10-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Nation carries himself pretty well, which frankly, is non-standard. He's far from the first mod, or well respected poster, to point out that the "one player to a hand" rule doesn't exist online. Diablo used to post about this a lot.

If you want to de-mod nation for this position, I'd wager that about half the mods on this site would be targets as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think most ppl in this thread agree that Nation should not be de-modded for the one player to a hand thing (other than the OP), he should be de-modded for his conduct in the bot thread or at the very least provide a rational explanation for his position and attempts to quiet people who have worries about the bot situation. Im out to play a round of 18 I will be back later.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) What was wrong with his conduct?

2) Has he not already given a rational explanation? He says he knows the alleged botters, knows of their setup, and says he knows they are not botting. What is irrational about this?

3) How has he "attempted to quiet" anyone? Arguing a different position does not equal attempting to quite someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are fine with mods lying?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone is "fine" with anyone lying about anything. That has nothing to do with Nation being a mod however, thats where there is confusion within this thread. if a mod lies in a standard user post he should be treated like a standard user. If he is lying while acting as a moderator and doing moderator duties, then its time to notify Mat and Ryan the admins because thats a conflict of interest with 2+2. Nation wasn't representing his moderator position at all in context within this thread that I can see - if I am wrong and nation did use his mod role please point it out so I can correct myself.

As you can see I am not getting involved in the morality of the argument, I have opinions there that are not the same as the OP's, but its really not relevant.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stabn,

Nice tricky cut & paste. I meant that they all four have piss poor judgement, and especially for some of them in the area of being gullible and accepting the lies of hustlers.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing tricky about cutting and pasting exactly what you said, which made little sense.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about his conduct is out of line?

Nation

1- defending his friends who appears to be running a sweatshop (frankly, upon reading that thread, I think the "proof" of botting is ridic)

2- admitted to considering a similar sweatshop himself.

Now wrt to the 2nd item, Nation didn't come clean on this until later, and that was dumb. As I've noted other places, stuff like this is why I'm not nation's biggest fan. That said, it's hardly a cause for degreening.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
stabn,

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing tricky about cutting and pasting exactly what you said, which made little sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

No dids. I admit it. I used my internet trixx on him. I am ashamed of myself and should be demodded for my behavior.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:09 PM

This thread is tl;dr.

However, everyone against nation:

How would you like putting in a LOT of free work to better a forum (FR in this case), then having people complain about something else, enough to demod you?

Maybe you would like to volunteer your time. Then we could all berate you on an unrelated subject.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Over 1/2 the mods who posted in this thread have piss poor judgement in general like nation, and of people likely to be hustlers as well for some of you (i.e. you, daryn, citanul and iron).

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

and of people likely to be hustlers as well for some of you (i.e. you, daryn, citanul and iron).

[/ QUOTE ]

Rofl. Dids a hustler. That is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
stabn,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read it carefully, what he meant was:

"Over 1/2 the mods who posted in this thread have piss poor judgement in general, (like nation), as well as piss poor judgement of people likely to be hustlers, (i.e. you, daryn, citanul and iron)."
Old 05-10-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is tl;dr.

However, everyone against nation:

How would you like putting in a LOT of free work to better a forum (FR in this case), then having people complain about something else, enough to demod you?

Maybe you would like to volunteer your time. Then we could all berate you on an unrelated subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't put in a lot of work in FR. He barely ever posts there. Nothing against nation but a mod should show himself once in a while in the forum he mods.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stabn,

[/ QUOTE ]

haha bluff are you serious? you don't even know my position. i never accept the lies of hustlers. i am always questioning types of stuff like this. in this thread i have taken NO side and argued on behalf of NO ONE.

if you want my actual input on the "bot thread" here it is: i think the most likely scenario right now is that this guy is running a team of real human players who make their decisions based on what a program tells them to do.