Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: ~Official May Turning Stone ECPC Thread~

ray wtf we getting 2 oz from cortland and we got room for you. Tstone is a must.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't sleep last night only way I would be able to make the deepstack turboment which I was looking forward too. So I chilled online till like 6am went to poker room to play 300 and 100max going both full see a kid sitting with a rack of 300 ask him if he wants to play HU he says sure talk to floor they were cool and we got a table going. no interesting hands besides a river bluff raise with the best hand, I ended down like 200 he was up like 100 gg rake. Would of been a lot closer but we both had garbage hands everytime so we did a few flips for 50 and 100 twice and I won the 50 obv and lost the 2 100 flips during the HU match. It was basically like an intermission. Found out during it I've played with him a lot online neither of us had much of an edge but the other tables sucked and we loud and annoying even though we were 5 tables away didn't want to deal with being next to one of them when I was on no sleep.

BTW fri night rodizio then back to my room drink smoke whatever then sinbad live at 11pm woohoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it usually this easy to get a HU table started at these stakes?
Old 05-08-2007, 12:55 PM

also randall may be the smartest poker player with least common sense ever, he comes to me at the start of the tourney. Let me preface this by randall had a [censored] time/day getting here nothing went right he got his luggage finally at like 9am so obv had to shower and everything. Me and clayton go and he registers for the tourney and we just chill around till it starts in poker room. So we get to the tourney 10 min in I see him I ask him some random question some guy was bugging me about and rand then is like shaun the water of the bath won't turn off I can't turn it off. I'm like wtf flooding in bathroom why are you coming to me. Then he's like nah the drains taking it down Im like ok but its still running. He's like augies in the room but sleeping so I didn't know what to do. So obv it's running for 3 hours while we are all still in the tourney. I come up here and for those non tstone tower regs the shower nob looks a bit like this with no handle.

obv anyone whose used the temperature dial knows to turn left to turn on obv the further left the hotter the water and viceversa. Well he weas able to get it right the first time turning it all the way to the left to turn it on and showered but when he got out he couldn't shut off the water. As soon as I looked at the dial thing I saw that the dot that shows you where you are on the temp and pressure gauge was right in the middle. WELLLL OBVVVV it has to go all the way to the right to turn it off just like you had to go all the way left to turn it on and get it hottest.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:08 PM

Got check raised all in on K high flop by some idiot when i had kq and next to no fold equity. I call thinking she had two pair at least, she turns over ace 7 offsuit for ace high. Ace hits on turn and I go poof at 200/400 50 again like yesterday.

lol donkaments
Old 05-08-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also randall may be the smartest poker player with least common sense ever, he comes to me at the start of the tourney. Let me preface this by randall had a [censored] time/day getting here nothing went right he got his luggage finally at like 9am so obv had to shower and everything. Me and clayton go and he registers for the tourney and we just chill around till it starts in poker room. So we get to the tourney 10 min in I see him I ask him some random question some guy was bugging me about and rand then is like shaun the water of the bath won't turn off I can't turn it off. I'm like wtf flooding in bathroom why are you coming to me. Then he's like nah the drains taking it down Im like ok but its still running. He's like augies in the room but sleeping so I didn't know what to do. So obv it's running for 3 hours while we are all still in the tourney. I come up here and for those non tstone tower regs the shower nob looks a bit like this with no handle.

obv anyone whose used the temperature dial knows to turn left to turn on obv the further left the hotter the water and viceversa. Well he weas able to get it right the first time turning it all the way to the left to turn it on and showered but when he got out he couldn't shut off the water. As soon as I looked at the dial thing I saw that the dot that shows you where you are on the temp and pressure gauge was right in the middle. WELLLL OBVVVV it has to go all the way to the right to turn it off just like you had to go all the way left to turn it on and get it hottest.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is god awful.

somethin came up, i may make it up for thurs/fri tournies, kind of up in the air right now.

plus apparently i just found the fountain of youth of softest cash games in the world in poughkeepsie. it's a never ending flow of cash w/ just TERRIBLE players.

i barely even play well but am killing their 20/40 15/30 10/20 and 2/5 nl games.....god bless these gentlemen. (1 finshed 10th at a recent foxwoods (frank flowers ftw!)
Old 05-08-2007, 02:37 PM

sighh clayton runs odly at live LLs he won again today aparantly after lunch break clayton had like 2bbs at 300/600 adam had like 23k and they were last 2 left for LL obv clayton gets a huge stack and knocks out adam. sighhh
Old 05-08-2007, 02:40 PM

i couldn't sleep last night so i took some nyquill. OMG IT WAS AWESOME!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 03:14 PM

A little ethics question from the satellite FT last night. Clayton, feel free to chime in if you remember something I don't.

So there's 8 players left in the satellite, which pays 4 seats. It folds to my SB. Blinds are 800/1600/300. I have maybe 20K, and the BB has 6 or 7K (Average stack at once it's over is gonna be about 35k). I look down at 97o and decide to push because the BB had been folding all day. As I put my cards back down and move my right hand toward my stack, I notice the BB very obviously looking at me and moving his hand with me. I don't believe I moved my chips at all...he was just giving me the "I'm coming with you" move. It was very obvious to the table what was going on. I paused for a couple seconds, said "alright, you bought yourself a walk" and then folded. No controvesy, no one bitching at me, but like I said it was obvious what had happened.

Fast forward to 6 players left. 1000/2000/500. Folds to SB who limps with a stack of ~14K. I have a little over 20K. I look down at K8s, go to my stack and begin pushing it forward (I progressed a couple inches). As soon as I did this, the SB beat me into the pot, quickly shoving his stack in past the action line. I immediately stopped and said "hold on". Then the table exploded into insanity with "that's BS...you did that already...that's illegal...you're trying to trick everyone...etc.". Anyway, despite the heavy criticism, I was lucky to have the floor break it my way and got just a warning. I checked. The flop was K44. SB checked, I bet and took it down, he said he had AJ. He ended up being the lucky one in that situation.

So anyway, I realize that the rules vary from venue to venue, and I wonder why they have an action line if it doesn't seem to mean anything. However, I'm doing everything I can to win, and if they are going to allow it (or even if there's a chance they're going to allow it) I'm going to do everything I can to evaluate the information given to me before making a decision. I was being told that I was trying to cheat and fool everyone, which was not my goal at all. In both situations, I had legitimate plans to push, but I was given new information before (I thought) I had committed to my action. I don't see the controversial hand as being much different from counting down chips before noticing an anxious player behind you and then folding. I also think the first hand was nothing more than the old sticking your chips out before your turn to buy a check.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't take my time and at least get the floor in a situation like this?
Old 05-08-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i couldn't sleep last night so i took some nyquill. OMG IT WAS AWESOME!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

first time taking nyquil? That stuff is some sort of heavenly elixir. (i'm not talking about recreationally; it just does a really good job... doing what it's supposed to do)
Old 05-08-2007, 03:52 PM

yooooooooo

Clayton owns me. We are the last two left in the Last Longer bet at the end of the second break. When we return, the blinds will be 300-600(50). He has 1125 chips. I have 23K chips.

He doubles up like 3646456 times. I lose KQ < QT all in preflop.

Eventually we eind up at the same table right after I got sucked out on. I have 5 BB's and he has a large stack. I shove QT, SmittyMatt's friend isolates me with 55, and Clayton overcalls us both with JJ and knocks us both out.

Ship the RIGGED LL to Clayton and hes still alive and in the tournament.

Basically,

LOL TURBO-LIVE TOURNAMENTS KJEBGLWJEHGBHJ