Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: The Gobbomom Conspiracy Thread

one person's conspiracy could also be another person's investigation into truth. Erin Brockovich comes to mind right off hand. Someone mentioned how a conspiracy is unlikely to exist given the sheer numbers of people involved in keeping hush-hush, but sometimes people don't want to talk for fear of repercussions.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:22 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

Erin Brockovich was a movie.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:29 PM

A stirring, funny and unconventional drama based on true events, Erin Brockovich stars Julia Roberts as a twice-divorced mother of three children who sees an injustice, takes on the bad guy and wins. Desperately needing a job, Erin goes to work for her attorney (Albert Finney) and comes across some medical records describing awful illnesses clustered in one nearby town. She starts investigating and soon exposes a monumental cover-up.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would welcome dinner and a discussion about gobbomom's parenting. (and gobbo- a good part of the reason I'm harsh is that I used to be in your son's position, I know how horrible that is for him, and if you can help him lose weight, then for the love of god do it)

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, you're on next time I'm in Seattle, presuming I'm correct that you live there or close to it. Same if we're in Vegas, LA, or anywhere else with a decent restaurant at the same time. Zee, as I noted elsewhere, isn't invited until he resolves the barn-painting thread.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am intrigued by the theories that the Twin Towers were purposely brought down by dynamite after the planes hit. I am not a big conspiracy buff so have not read much at all on it. But I am curious why a building that was hit at the top would give way at the bottom and fall straight down. It is hard for me to understand so it does make me curious about the alternate theories.

Anyone?

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

Your factual premise is wrong: I believe the film shows the top floors collapsing, then the additive weight of those floors collapsing the floors below as they fell. Apart from that, I can't imagine anyone actually organizing a conspiracy like this and carrying it off: it would require an immense effort and massive coordination. It is so wildly implausible that I can't for even a moment believe that it is true.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one person's conspiracy could also be another person's investigation into truth. Erin Brockovich comes to mind right off hand. Someone mentioned how a conspiracy is unlikely to exist given the sheer numbers of people involved in keeping hush-hush, but sometimes people don't want to talk for fear of repercussions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's apples and oranges. My recollection of the PG&E case is that the number of people required to conceal the chromium dumping was pretty small -- no more than ten or so. That's imaginable, particularly as the activity involved was simply emptying drums of industrial waste. That's a far, far cry from loading two massive public buildings with explosives, then coordinating those explosions with four plane hijackings. There are so many logistics issues that instantly arise with that hypo that I don't even know where to begin.

As an amusing intellectual exercise, I could spend several hours thinking about how to plan a major plot. But if I were to come up with something, it would be much much simpler and more effective, and would require far less coordination, than that.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i remember reading an article about how there was construction being done on the buildings a week or two before and that people working in the buildings were barred from entering at that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cite to mysterious article, please.

[ QUOTE ]
i do think there was some foul play going on with 9/11, but most conspiracy theories are ridiculous. the building across from the trade centers collapsing because of falling debris was a bit unbelievable imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you can't fully explain what happened doesn't mean that you can suspend belief for any of the myriad of problems raised by any of the conspiracy theories. Very few highly complex events can be explained down to the smallest detail.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am intrigued by the theories that the Twin Towers were purposely brought down by dynamite after the planes hit. I am not a big conspiracy buff so have not read much at all on it. But I am curious why a building that was hit at the top would give way at the bottom and fall straight down. It is hard for me to understand so it does make me curious about the alternate theories.

Anyone?

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

The building did not give way at the bottom. Since you have not read much info about it, I point you and anyone else to web page for all the info you need. Of course, if you believe the gov't is in on it then you will think this is just part of the cover up. That being said, I have an A.S. in Fire Science and B.S. in Fire Prevention and agree with the NIST findings. Before you or anyone starts with the basic questions, read the report, at least the FAQ, and if you still have questions, I'd be glad to answer them. Then again, maybe I'm in on the gov't cover up as well.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone?

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

The 9/11 commission report(derided as a whitewash by people who most likely have not even bothered glancing at it) would be a good place to start reading if interested.

The plane may have struck high up on the building but the effects were widespread.
[ QUOTE ]

North Tower. A jet fuel fireball erupted upon impact and shot down at least one bank of elevators.The fireball exploded onto numerous lower floors,including the 77th and 22nd;the West Street lobby level;and the B4 level,four stories below ground.The burning jet fuel immediately created thick,black smoke that enveloped the upper floors and roof of the North Tower.The roof of the South
Tower was also engulfed in smoke because of prevailing light winds from the northwest.31

[/ QUOTE ] - 9/11 Commission Report pg 287

It always surprises me when people tell me they have never even looked at the report. Most of the report is focused on growth of terrorism, Al Qaeda, and the Government's failures. Also has a really heartrending chapter on the actual attacks. It really is quite comprehensive
and worth a read for those who still haven't bothered.
9/11 Report
Old 05-05-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Anyone?

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

Your factual premise is wrong: I believe the film shows the top floors collapsing, then the additive weight of those floors collapsing the floors below as they fell. Apart from that, I can't imagine anyone actually organizing a conspiracy like this and carrying it off: it would require an immense effort and massive coordination. It is so wildly implausible that I can't for even a moment believe that it is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm totally wrong as to the method of collapse, now that I've bothered to read something about it.