View Poll Results: The better flick is:
Firefox 3 42.86%
Coogan's Bluff 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: About This Forum

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Copernicus is getting two days off. Comparing Muslims to vermin is hate speech and is not allowed.

As for why I didn't pull the trigger earlier, that was a mistake on my part. After our recent experience I've been a little gun shy. I won't let that happen again. In the future if you PM me and you're still not happy, consider a PM to Ryan. He likes us more than Mat.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the name-calling is what bothers you, not the fact that they want to see millions of people (adults, children, everyone) being killed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful what you ask for Nielsio. Last time you cried about undermodding, we got mods that banned you every time you posted.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I can't say that democrats are braindead, but I can propose to form a group to kill all democrats. Nice standard.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can say Democrats are braindead. Democrats are not an ethnicity.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I can't say that democrats are braindead, but I can propose to form a group to kill all democrats. Nice standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you say Muslims are braindead? That's not an ethnicity. It's a choice as much as being a Democrat is.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, change my example to Native Americans.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I ask again: what's the moral principle? What's the basis for condemning one thing and not the other?

I realize that you may not be able to answer this question, because it's probably something that comes from the 2+2 owners, but I think there should be more clarity on this issue; advocating genocide should never be acceptible. Saying that's it's a political position is a total cop-out. Hitler was also in politics but that does not stop us from condemning him.

I think Arfinn mentioned the correct way of looking at this: if we want to rise to a higher moral level, we have to stop acting the way our supposed enemies does. If we want to condemn people for wanting to kill American, we should be the bigger person and condemn murder, instead of calling for the murder of the group they belong to; because that kind of thinking is going to lead to a spiral of everyone hates everyone and everyone is fighting everyone. At the end of the day, the children are going to be suffering and dying even though they have nothing to do with all this [censored].
Old 05-10-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Teacher! Teacher! You forgot to gives us Homework.

[ QUOTE ]
Be careful what you ask for Nielsio. Last time you cried about undermodding, we got mods that banned you every time you posted.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nielsio reminds me of the kid at school that said, "Teacher! Teacher! You forgot to give us homework." I suspect he had many atomic wedgies when he was in school....which I say to those bullies:
"Thank you, but you did not do enough".

Hate speech use to be a noble goal but has expanded in scope to have grown into an absurb attack on free speech. The "hate speech" accusation is a type of name calling used to silence voices that people disagree with. When an entire sect of Islam (Wahabism) calls for either conversion or genocide of over 4 billion people, then to advocate a violent response to this sect is called.....self defense and self-preservation... To those that support bans on so called "hate speech" you accomplish nothing but to drive these opinions underground.... Better to let people express themselves where the free exchange of ideas can take place than to drive them underground... Hate speech is now defined in the eye-of-thebeholder.

Hate Speech: Jews control the world's money and should be ______.
Not hate Speech: Wahabi Islam wants world genocide of other religions are we should _______ to them before they do it to us.

They difference is one group is innocent people. The other group is a violent group that advocates genocide and forced conversions on the other.

Nielsio's conspiracy posts are easy to annoy but his Junior-G-Man-Mod act is beyond irritating... BTW....Does he not claim to be an AC? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] LOL! Ironic how a person that wishes less government intervention, insists upon heavy mod intervention in the free exchange of ideas.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At the end of the day, the children are going to be suffering and dying even though they have nothing to do with all this [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the real world, Nielsio. But if it comes down to our innocent children or their innocent children dying (because of their actions), the choice is easy to me.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But if it comes down to our innocent children or their innocent children dying (because of their actions), the choice is easy to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their, you really believe in the crap that the Middle East as an entity is behind these actions? It is not really like Govman proposes to attack those who are behind the action even if it may result in civilian casualties. He proposes to kill the innocent ones as well.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Teacher! Teacher! You forgot to gives us Homework.

[ QUOTE ]
When an entire sect of Islam (Wahabism) calls for either conversion or genocide of over 4 billion people, then to advocate a violent response to this sect is called.....self defense and self-preservation...

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to see the difference between that and people, not even knowing what Wahabism is, throwing out calls to kill people.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But if it comes down to our innocent children or their innocent children dying (because of their actions), the choice is easy to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their, you really believe in the crap that the Middle East as an entity is behind these actions? It is not really like Govman proposes to attack those who are behind the action even if it may result in civilian casualties. He proposes to kill the innocent ones as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on the scale. Of course, minimizing the amount of collateral damage is best. If I can take out only the town of the serious threat to me, that is better than taking out the entire country. If I can take out one house, its better than taking out the town.

Collateral damage sucks, but I'd rather be alive.