Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Gym Pet Peeves

FBG: Lol, not juicing...thought about it before but never have.

Really, the gym just annoys me (commercial gyms I've been at). Misinformation is a very scary thing at gyms. I've seen people correct people's form with even worse form which might cause injuries. I've seen personal trainers (many of whom I've worked with) pimp out supplements that were crap. Overheard and heard way to much horrible advice that is dangerous to people. The worst thing in the gym is fairly in shape people telling newbies to do certain things or take certain products without knowing a persons history and that person taking it as gospel and then ending up hurt or sick.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:20 PM

The guy who lifts weights. Not just weight but whatever the machine can have on it. And he only can do 2 reps at that weight but he does them anyway and walks to the water fountain ever 2 minutes and then stands around in the way talking for 20 minutes. It's like hit the treadmill and lose those man boobs.

Rant Over

jm
Old 04-16-2007, 09:46 PM

You guys are all way too uptight. Just go in and do your thing. I have been to alot of gyms over the years but nothing ever bothers me that much.
If weights are in the wrong place I just find them and use them.

"I'm trying to LOOSE some weight, what can I do?"
Why would that even bother you. You def need to chill out. Im sure your a blast to be around.

"he isn't a trainer, but the dude that works the desk on night shift most days will randomly storm the weight room put like 6 plates on a hammer stregth bench do like 4 reps then storm out and not unload...pretty lame..."

That's hilarious. I would just laugh at this guy every time he did it.

"Add on to this list the trainers that wander around offering "free sessions" to all the hot chicks."
Wow, trainers want to bang hot chicks. I like to bang hot chicks too. Why would this bother you. Are you jealous they are not talking to you?

"2)People who don't ask, they just jump on your machine/bench while you are resting between sets
3)Especially women who, because they think they are hot and can get away with, take your machine/bench between sets while you are getting a drink even when they are told by the person at the next machine/bench it being used and when my towel is sitting on the edge of the machine/bench(happened last week, I am still POed)."

Dont be such a wuss and tell them your using it. If someone does that to me I just say "woah there buddy." Your pet peeve is that your a pussy.

4) The Spring-Break Abs crew. You can't get abs if they are covered in fat and it definitely wont happen in two weeks so stop taking over the gym in late febuary.

Ppl always say this around spring break time. Why would you care if they come in. Usually it's alot of good looking girls working out before spring break that you can look at while your in the gym.

etc etc etc

Basically you guys are a bunch of whiny bitches.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:18 PM

Wondering why you came into a gym pet peeves thread?
Old 04-17-2007, 12:02 AM

To see what everyone was bitching about obv.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:25 PM

1. Lifting right in front of the rack. Last time someone did this I threw my 40 lb dumbbells from waist-high to the spot between his feet and the floor. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] He was blocking a few of us...the other guys laughed pretty good.

2. Curls in the squat rack when there isn't another rack available.

3. People who fill up their ENTIRE water bottle at the water cooler without letting me get a quick sip. Sumbitches.

4. People who drive up to the front of the gym, find someone putting gear in their trunk, then WAIT with their turn signal on for five freaking minutes for the close spot. Hey tubby, you want to know why you look like that? Try walking a few extra steps. It's the damn gym!!

5. Lazy people who use the left-hand door of a double-door entry just because someone just exited. Hey tubby...you can't pull open a door? Fine, but at least don't act like the squat rack is a phone booth and the bench press is a great place to sit and watch the game.

6. Too many others to mention.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5. Lazy people who use the left-hand door of a double-door entry just because someone just exited. Hey tubby...you can't pull open a door? Fine, but at least don't act like the squat rack is a phone booth and the bench press is a great place to sit and watch the game.

[/ QUOTE ] you serious?
Old 04-18-2007, 10:07 PM

guy clogging up a bench machine because he is too busy reading a newspaper/magazine/book in between his sets.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a peeve if I witness from across the room or anything, of course. I meant when someone walks right in front of me to exit out the wrong door just because he's too lazy to open the right one.

Actually, it's not that strong of a peeve. It just made for a nice set-up for the rest of the post.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell does working in mean?

I was at the gym with my brother and and some dude asked me If he could work in while I was at my BP and I just said "Do you mean can you work out?

He walked away.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be on to something on the verge of genius sir!! I think I need to start playing dumb at the gym and see what happens when people ask questions.