Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 11:38 AM

Default Re: this girl is being ridiculous, right?

[ QUOTE ]
You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little [censored] up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to [censored]' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get the [censored] out of here.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I were to visit a good guy friend of mine, I'd expect his girlfriend to be around all the time. I might not love it, but I wouldn't try and split them up. I'd expect it, it's standard

[/ QUOTE ]

thinking it is standard is probably why so many people get married so early and divorced so often

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? this statement makes no sense at all.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I were to visit a good guy friend of mine, I'd expect his girlfriend to be around all the time. I might not love it, but I wouldn't try and split them up. I'd expect it, it's standard

[/ QUOTE ]

thinking it is standard is probably why so many people get married so early and divorced so often

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? this statement makes no sense at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

people dont spend anytime away from the person they are dating and get married too early, then get sick of each other.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:58 AM

I think the request by the friend is pretty ridic.

This is either

1- a passive/agressive way to get you out of the apartment so she can have time with her friend, which is totally fine if she'd just man up and ask for that straight up.

2- she's just a nit about stuff.

Being unwilling to sleep on the couch, assuming that it's understood you sleep over there a lot just makes me think she's pretty insensitive. In general I have a difficult time with guests who don't respect the established status quo.

That said, I think the best solution is to talk to your girl, explain why this bothers you. Pending the outcome of that conversation, plan to spend your weekend somewhere else and not idea with the friend.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hate it if one of my best girlfriends was in town and my boyfriend insisted on hanging around all the time.

How am I supposed to brag about him if he's always around? And how are we supposed to talk about all the things that don't interest him like her love life and our old memories of stupid things we did together and her/my new hair color?

I guess I don't see what the big deal is. If she were staying with me, I'd expect my non-live-in boyfriend to stay at home for at least one of the nights she was in town.

The friend demanding it herself is a little out of line, but apart from that this whole situation seems normal to me.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:06 PM

How about you stop being attached at the hip with your chick, and stay at home for a few days or are you scared of the dark or something? 99% of dudes would be jumping up and down at having their gf occupied for a weekend and actually try having some fun.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:07 PM

He's functionally a live in boyfriend in this case, it would seem. That he pays rent and has a bed somewhere else shouldn't really matter if he's sleeping in her bed all the time.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The friend demanding it herself is a little out of line, but apart from that this whole situation seems normal to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is absolutely it though. Of course the guy shouldn't be intruding, and should have offered to stay at his own place anyways...but the fact that she demands it is out of line and makes him look weak now. And we all know she did it on purpose. THAT'S why its so bad
Old 04-12-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's functionally a live in boyfriend in this case, it would seem. That he pays rent and has a bed somewhere else shouldn't really matter if he's sleeping in her bed all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesnt matter about teh logistics, or who lives with who. Its about being a guy, and realizing that some time apart from your gf is sometimes very needed and awesome. Maybe his gf has already realized that, and doesnt want him to have a nervous breakdown about spending a few days apart, so she got her gf to intervene?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This strikes me as an interesting comment, because from my standpoint, it's not the same thing at all.

Staying over all the time is a completely different stage of a relationship than splitting bills and signing a lease together. Some couples stay over all the time after they've been dating a month. The one time I've lived with someone full-time, it was a significantly more serious relationship.

Am I just out of the ordinary on this?