Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: SNG Book Announcement:

Collin, thanks for the lengthy response, no disrespect was intended.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:54 PM

God I laugh when people say stuff like "If I don't get this information I won't buy the book......blah blah blah......."

Fine, if they doubt the authors credentials then don't buy the book however everyone knows they won't be able to help themselves and will end up buying it anyway.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Now that I know 2p2 is interested in the idea, I almost want to finish mine w/ Pudge and send it to Mason. I'm sure a group of STTF'ers could write a superior book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man you guys are annoying. Just because you post in that forum doesn't mean you own the thoughts behind solid SnG strategy. Maybe if you weren't posting all the time your book would have been done first and you wouldn't sound so jealous.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Man you guys are annoying. Just because you post in that forum doesn't mean you own the thoughts behind solid SnG strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

In business jargon, this is known as the NIH syndrome (Not Invented Here). Any ideas that come from outside are automatically wrong and worthless.

The mathematical principles of correct SnG play, based on ICM, were developed some years ago. These were shared on the STTF by ground-breakers like bozeman, dethgrind, eastbay, AleoMagnus, Phil Van Sexton, etc., etc.

The new STTF posters have adopted the correct strategy by rote, and, in the words of John Steinbeck, like teenagers new to sin, think that they invented it. Many of the current posters on STTF know how to beat the game now, but they really don't know why, and they would not be capable of adapting if the game evolved, as it often does.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
God I laugh when people say stuff like "If I don't get this information I won't buy the book......blah blah blah......."

Fine, if they doubt the authors credentials then don't buy the book however everyone knows they won't be able to help themselves and will end up buying it anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree they will buy it, if for no other reason then to search out every error and fault so they can post them here on 2+2 to show how smart they are.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:55 AM

All,

I think what many people are forgetting is that there has never been ANYTHING written/published on the subject at hand. It is because of this that there is a lot of concern that it gets done right because it is highly unlikely another book will ever be written. And unlike NLHE, LHE, Omaha, Stud, etc., SNGs are considered to be "solved", meaning there is no interpretation. There is right and there is wrong.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The newer STTF posters have, while standing on the backs of the greats before them, not only continued to evolve and dominate SnG's, but are now branching out and kicking serious butt in live MTT's and cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Not only that but the STTF community is friendly and inclusive so I'm not sure where the hate is coming from.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Not only that but the STTF community is friendly and inclusive so I'm not sure where the hate is coming from.

[/ QUOTE ]

No hate, just amusement and annoyance at the vocal few who are so presumptuous as to highly criticize a book that has not been published yet, solely on the basis that the author is not part of the in-crowd.

BTW, I know nothing about the author, and I have doubts about anyone writing a good SNG book, but I am reserving judgment until the book is actually published.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No hate, just amusement and annoyance at the vocal few who are so presumptuous as to highly criticize a book that has not been published yet, solely on the basis that the author is not part of the in-crowd.

BTW, I know nothing about the author, and I have doubts about anyone writing a good SNG book, but I am reserving judgment until the book is actually published.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are absolutely correct. I only meant to express my concern over the direction 2p2 was going by having such an important book being written by one unknown author.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now that I know 2p2 is interested in the idea, I almost want to finish mine w/ Pudge and send it to Mason. I'm sure a group of STTF'ers could write a superior book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't limit yourself to 2+2.