Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should chesherkat1 try again but with proper "bankroll" management, try to go totaly robusto, or jus
Keep playing but cautiously 1 16.67%
Fuckin' give'm hell 2 33.33%
Stop while you hover at 0 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2007, 04:42 AM

Default Re: t-mac or melo

[ QUOTE ]
melo's d isn't .5 worse, it's 5.5 points per 100 possessions worse. when melo is off the court the nuggets give up 6 fewer points, when tmac is off the court the rockets give up .5 fewer points.

[/ QUOTE ]

My mistake.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:05 AM

ok ive only seen melo play like 10 times or so. and every time all he does is stand around the wing and shoot jumpers whether hes guarded or not.

every time i watch tmac hes driving and making sick dunks or layups.

its proly a sample size thing.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Driving and finishing - Push"

rofl, you lost all credibility. tmac is one of hte best in the league in this category.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, tmac is better at driving than melo no doubt, I'd say they can both finish equally well. I still think that tmac is better at creating for himself off the dribble though. Melo is stronger (I think) and tmac is more "shifty" for lack of a better word. They both settle for jumpers a little too much.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pts rebound and assist numbers = best stats evar

[/ QUOTE ]

melo outshines mcgrady in just about any metric i've ever seen. if you'd like to point to some stats that say otherwise, i'd love to see them. or you could just make more pointless posts, as usual.

[/ QUOTE ]

mcgrady has outshined melo in every game i've ever WATCHED

watch a game before u have an opinion
Old 03-30-2007, 05:28 PM

I don't have time to read all the posts... McGrady is very stereotypical and does not play hard on defense unless it is a key possesion

for a playoff push mcgrady is SOOOOO much better defensively then melo
Old 03-30-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

rofl, you lost all credibility. tmac is one of hte best in the league in this category.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't lose credibility at all. He made a very well thougth out post, and while I think he underrates TMac a bit, I appriciate his insight.

One of my pet peeve's regarding this forum is when someone makes a long and clearly thought out post and another poster disagrees and just posts one or two lines and laughs at them. It accomplishes nothing at all and doesn't further any discussion.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't lose credibility at all. He made a very well thougth out post, and while I think he underrates TMac a bit, I appriciate his insight.

One of my pet peeve's regarding this forum is when someone makes a long and clearly thought out post and another poster disagrees and just posts one or two lines and laughs at them. It accomplishes nothing at all and doesn't further any discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

though his post was thought out it was still completely wrong and yes that indeed kills his credibility.

besides, there is really nothing to discuss in this thread. one side says melo is better and the other says tmac is better. bc some random poster says he thinks one is better aint gonna change my opinion or anyone elses. ive watched them play and its quite obv to me who has played better. mebbe melo will develop further and mebbe he has more potential but im not gonna rate highly a dude who jus stands 18 ft away and shoots a jumper every time he touches the ball.

if you are gonna try to persuade someone who has never heard of the two you would present a bunch of stats and guess what? tmac comes out ahead there too.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im not gonna rate highly a dude who jus stands 18 ft away and shoots a jumper every time he touches the ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you are being ridiculous. Melo averages ~8.5 FTs a game. The Nuggets, as of a few games ago, led the league in points in the paint. But I'm sure that's because Camby and Nene are such great slashers..

[ QUOTE ]
bc some random poster says he thinks one is better aint gonna change my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

I picked Tmac over Melo. If you are going to try and prove a point, at least be able back it up with something, and not erroneous opinion.