Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Name a toy you had when you were a kid.

Since the pizza thrower one was used, here's another (sry double post):

G.I. Joe

I even remember watching the cartoons when I was kid. I loved Sgt. Slaughter.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:41 AM

Old 03-29-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My friend Tracy (at the time T.J.) and I used to buy these at the grocery store and race them down his sloped driveway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, your grocery store rules...mine was always out of those chicks.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:56 AM

I'm late to this thread and it hasn't been said yet: Big Loader! Apparently more of an educational toy than anything but I loved that thing. It was a single little battery-powered car that kept changing tops to perform various tasks. Quicktime video. Just take a moment to click the link and appreciate its awesomeness.

[ QUOTE ]
The "Big Loader" is a toy made by Tomy Toys for small children. At least, that's what Tomy has to say about it. Actually, it's a great toy for small children. But I've found it a useful educational toy for students up through adults. What the "Big Loader" toy does is remarkably simple. A battery powered little truck goes round and round picking up, scooping, and dumping little pieces of black "coal." That's it. Over and over and over. It collects the coal from one place, dumps it, scoops it up, and dumps it back into the hopper where it will pick it up again to repeat the cycle. The numbered spots in the picture above will give you some idea of the sequence. At spot 1 the truck changes tops to a collector top, moves to spot 2 on the track and collects little pieces of coal by tripping a lever on a hopper so that the coal is dumped into the collector. At spot 3 it dumps the coal into a chute. The pieces of coal roll down the cascading chute and land on the track at number 4. The truck continues all the way around to area 4, changing to a standard truck top on the way, and then changing to a scooper. It scoops up the coal and deposits it in the ramp at number 5. The pieces of coal roll into the truck body which is parked there. After scooping, it backs up, picks up the truck top containing the coal and backs up a ramp at spot 6 only to dump the coal into the hopper at number 2. The truck climbs down the ramp and continues the cycle again. Confused? Well, it's a little hard to describe. The point is that this cleverly designed toy repeats operations over and over again. That's it. You just watch.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-29-2007, 12:32 PM

Old 03-29-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OH MY GOD MUSCLE MEN HOLY [censored] I FORGOT ABOUT THEM! BRING THEM BACK BRING THEM BACK!

[/ QUOTE ]

For some of us, they never left (nearly year old photo, much has changed, but Claw and Peanut are still on my desk).
Old 03-29-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had this target shooting toy. I searched for a pic briefly, couldn't find anything. I think it was called the Rootin Tootin Shootin Gallery or something.

It had a mini plastic gatling gun type thing and you would shoot BBs at targets. It was all encolsed in a big plastic pinball machine type casing, except it wasn't as big as a full size pinball machine. You set it on the floor (or a table I suppose) and would lay prone.

I loved that thing. I wonder what happened to it?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the first toy I thought of when I read the thread title. I was sure that I was the only one here old enough to remember that one.

Also, I remember "King Oil", but don't remember playing it. Just sticking that big oil well into the holes, to see if the colors would shoot out the top.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:16 PM

My M.U.S.C.L.E. Things are still at my parents' house. My brother and I made a wrestling ring for them (I think there was one you could buy, but there was no point in spending the money) out of a piece of wood, four nails, and rubber bands. It was fun flinging them across the basement.

My favorite was the little tiny guy with "NIKU" printed on him. Since he was so teeny, we had him win pretty much every battle royale.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes yes this thing was so awesome and cheap if you lost the jets you just bought another one for $1.99.

I loved this thing!

I was so hooked on this for a while:

-J
Old 03-29-2007, 06:11 PM

Dark Tower ruled. You knew what was gonna happen when you heard that sucka start spinning. Something about getting 3 keys or something like that.

When i turned 9 or so I got a blue toy rifle called "System 7" that shot all kinds of weird flying thingies and launched a parachute. Can't seem to find any pics of it.