Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Non-mainstream ideas you would implement if President

[ QUOTE ]
Also, eliminate public employee's unions. Make it completely illegal for government employees to form unions.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't mind could you expand on your reasoning behind this? I assume private businesses could form unions correct?
Old 03-28-2007, 02:23 PM

My presidential actions:

Pardons:
1) Drug offenders.
2) Federal tax evaders.
3) Illegal gamblers and gaming operators.
4) Prostitutes and johns. (Are there federal prostituion laws?)
5) Anyone convicted of a victimless crime I failed to cover.

Vetos:
1) Any bill with unrelated riders.
2) Any bill that increases social spending.
3) Any bill that violates the constitution (I'm not waiting for the SCOTUS to do my job for me).

Reforms to urge Congress:
1) Repeal the 16th and 17th Amendment.
2) Amend the commerce clause to narrowly define interstate commerce or eliminate the term completey.
3) End federal funding of public schools.
4) End the federal reserve system.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well i clearly realize that it would be impossible to do but i think the idea is clear. Everytime i see that fat billionaire kid on TV(the one who hangs out with Paris) i just get sick to my stomach. I actually like to throw out that comment to Republican friends of mine just to get them in tears.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's one thing to look at poverty and revile. It's another thing to look at wealth be angry about that. "No! Someone is living well! Can't have that!"

I honestly think that a lot of liberals' "tax the rich" MO has more to do with malice toward people living better than them than it does helping the poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly....libs want to tear down the rich to make everyone equally poor....instead of removing barriers so everyone acheives who works at it.

Who ya gonna tax when you acheive the end goal of eliminating the rich?....What is there to work toward when everyone has nothing?
Old 03-28-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well i clearly realize that it would be impossible to do but i think the idea is clear. Everytime i see that fat billionaire kid on TV(the one who hangs out with Paris) i just get sick to my stomach. I actually like to throw out that comment to Republican friends of mine just to get them in tears.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's one thing to look at poverty and revile. It's another thing to look at wealth be angry about that. "No! Someone is living well! Can't have that!"

I honestly think that a lot of liberals' "tax the rich" MO has more to do with malice toward people living better than them than it does helping the poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize that this is complete bulls***, right? I hope you're just leveling us.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would radically change the tax system. I would replace our current annual income tax, and most other taxes, with a very progressive tax on all income. This would include capital gains, gifts, inheritances, etc. So estates would not be taxed, but heirs would.

Additionally, I would change the accounting system so that you aren't taxed based only on the previous year's income. Instead, you would be taxed based on something like 10% of your income for each of the past 10 years. So if you earned an inheritance of $1 million, it would be treated as though you received income of $100,000 for each of the next ten years, which would tax this income in a much lower bracket than someone who actually earned $1 million every year.

The tax would probably be about the same as it is now for middle-income earners, but reach about 95% once a person was making over $1 million/year. Taxes would also be lower for the working poor because the income tax would replace the regressive payroll tax.

[/ QUOTE ]

See how many people will work when you are taking 95% of the money.....it wont be worth the effort. this is the perfect recipe for turning the US into a third world country.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:53 PM

Any income less than a living wage (~30k) is untaxed. All deductions are removed.

Either close corporate tax loopholes that encourage companies to be headquartered in the Cayman Islands, or remove the taxes completely and level the field for homegrown based business.

Push for the removal of the Patriot Act, and encourage a replacement bill that has some of the actually useful parts of it without all the "sneak and peek" warrantless searching evil government intrusion stuff.

Encourage states to adopt instant runoff voting to boost third parties.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My presidential actions:

Pardons:
1) Drug offenders.
2) Federal tax evaders.
3) Illegal gamblers and gaming operators.
4) Prostitutes and johns. (Are there federal prostituion laws?)
5) Anyone convicted of a victimless crime I failed to cover.

Vetos:
1) Any bill with unrelated riders.
2) Any bill that increases social spending.
3) Any bill that violates the constitution (I'm not waiting for the SCOTUS to do my job for me).

Reforms to urge Congress:
1) Repeal the 16th and 17th Amendment.
2) Amend the commerce clause to narrowly define interstate commerce or eliminate the term completey.
3) End federal funding of public schools.
4) End the federal reserve system.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU GOT MY VOTE
Old 03-28-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly....libs want to tear down the rich to make everyone equally poor....instead of removing barriers so everyone acheives who works at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No we don't. I don't care how hard you think it's true. This is not what liberal want.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize that this is complete bulls***, right? I hope you're just leveling us.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's no more full of it than the liberal who thinks that libertarians "are just greedy and don't care about the poor". People tend to think the worst of views they can't comprehend.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No we don't. I don't care how hard you think it's true. This is not what liberal want.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't you know that the imaginary straw filled liberal is slightly easier to knock over than the real granola filled ones?