Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who WILL win?
Brazil 171 93.44%
France 12 6.56%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: WPT should be sued

[ QUOTE ]
Olivert,
I have nothing against Dan or JJ so I will not take cheap shots at them. You on the other hand seem like a giant douchebag, which becomes obvious every time you post so I will continue to take cheap shots at you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny.

[ QUOTE ]
Specifically, I cannot say or write "I believe that she is doing fine". That would be an opinion, not a fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you're wrong. "I believe that she is doing fine." Is a fact. It may be a true fact or a false fact depending on what you believe but it's not an opinion. "She's doing fine." on the other hand, would be an opinion.

There are fundamental differences between the final table of a poker tournament and the final event of a major sporting event.

There's the crowd for one thing. The spectators at the final tables of these things are pretty trivial. Not so with major sporting events even lame ones like tennis.

And in this particular case there's a baby to think of. I don't know dick about pregnancies but I'm gonna suggest that any time there's copious amounts of blood there's a chance of losing the baby. And I'm guessing that chance goes down with prompt medical attention. Whatever you think of the woman playing poker while pregnant, the baby certainly didn't do anything wrong. I gotta tell ya if I were her opponent, I might just refuse to play until she can go to the hospital and get checked out. If that means the next day then so be it.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...olivert is such a tool...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah wow. Are JJ and Dan aware of Oliver's posts here? I would be extremely unhappy with an agent acting in the manner Oliver is here.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Reading now that JJ was 4mo pregnant, I don't believe it's irresponsible for her to play. I read she was "very pregnant" and to me that means 8mo or 9mo; I think if a woman plays very close to her due date, she's taking her chances and if nature calls it's unfortunate, but them's the lumps. 4mo pregnant isn't "very" pregnant in my book and playing poker at 4mo is not a particularly troublesome thing. 2nd trimester is a pretty safe period during a pregnancy and sitting at a poker table isn't a terribly abnormal sorta activity.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI

If a woman is over the age of 35 it is considered a high risk pregnancy, normal precautions don't apply. For example, my friend was 37 and pregnant and saw the doctor twice a month and had an ultrasound every month until the 8th month, I on the other hand see a doctor once a month and have only one ultrasound until the 8th month.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Again, I understand that many 2+2 participants have the urge to take cheap shots at me at EVERY opportunity on a daily basis. I only ask you to THINK about the sensitivity of this situation before you post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there something about the sensitivity of the situation that would warrant this?

Everything that we've heard so far suggests a normal pregnancy. Are you implying or suggesting there's more to this story than we've so far been told?

If so, News, Views and Gossip is the obvious place to reveal it or speculate about it.

Alternatively, remind us again why we should give your request any more attention you than that of any other paid shill seeking media attention for a female poker player and her suitcase pimp?

Edit: OK, I missed the fact that she was four months, rather than eight months pregnant, so perhaps not so normal. The rest holds though.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
as their de-facto PR flack, I'd like you to explain his decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a second... is he their agent, or their PR flack? In the state of California isn't it illegal to represent a client as both an agent and also as a PR person? I know an agent and a manager must be separate, I am not positive.

PS: for Olivert - are you going to show your clients this thread? because if you do, I predict you will be fired. Come to think of it, if you don't I predict you will be fired. Smells like fire to me either way!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am J.J.'s poker agent for the online gaming category ONLY, but I am not J.J.'s entertainment agent and I am not J.J.'s manager.

Dan Alspach is J.J.'s manager.

J.J. currently does not employ a publicist/public relations representative because she currently does not have media demands and obligations to justify hiring one.

--

The law in the State of California treat entertainment agents, i.e. agents involved with talent for television and film projects for which the talent is being paid explicitly by the TV or film producer, and managers differently, with entertainment agents having to be licensed and bonded.

Furthermore, the entertainment unions in California require agents who represent talent for television and film projects produced by unionized labor to be licensed and registered with the unions.

I do NOT represent J.J. for television or film projects that take place in either California, Florida, New York, or Texas, where licenses and bonds are required in each juristiction.

--

The law in the State of Nevada requires sports agents who represent athletes who have either finished or have forgone their remaining college sports eligibility to be licensed.

There is a difference between poker agents, sports agents, and entertainment agents.

Poker agents with business entities registered in the State of Nevada, including myself and some of my competitors, currently fall in a gray area that is unregulated with no explicit licensing or bonding requirement in the State of Nevada.

Old 03-18-2007, 03:53 PM

are you, Oliver K. Tse the father of the baby?
Old 03-18-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you, Oliver K. Tse the father of the baby?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. (And I do not believe your question is appropriate.)

Dan Alspach is the father.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...olivert is such a tool...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah wow. Are JJ and Dan aware of Oliver's posts here? I would be extremely unhappy with an agent acting in the manner Oliver is here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know...

Imagine "Negreanu's Agent" or "Hellmuth's Manager" or "Matusow's Spritual Advisor" were to post here, and post so, well...ill-advisedly.

First of all, there'd be no damned bandwith left.

But perhaps more importantly, these forums would become virtually unreadable.

As it is now, with Oliver's involvement on behalf of his client, it's all just...well...goofy.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oliver: I find it completely hypocritical and inappropriate for you to ask this forum to THINK before posting. As someone who holds media credentials, you have repeatedly "reported" rumor and hearsay as fact, which is hardly professional. I can say that I know this first-hand because you have posted completely false things about me in the past, though I chose not to make an issue out of it at the time. It is completely different for a member of the media to post so-called "facts" than it is for forum members to state their personal opinions on controversial topics. You have zero credibility in my book and you do not deserve to hold a media badge.

That being said, I like JJ very much and wish her the best.

Evelyn

[/ QUOTE ]

Evelyn:

I have to defend myself here.

Whenever I post hearsay or rumors on 2+2, I had usually prefaced my posts as hearsay or rumors.

Whenever I submitted a piece for publication with my name on the byline, I tried to apply the highest journalistic standards by checking and re-checking facts.

Even though I still do not believe that the same journalistic standards should be applied to a discussion forum where rumors and hearsay are swapped among participants, I can understand why I was held to a much higher standard than the other participants.

With that said, I am certain that J.J. and Dan will appreciate your concerns regarding J.J.'s health.

Thank you very much.

Oliver

[/ QUOTE ]

As you can see in your post which I fwd'ed to you from your PM, you did not specify that you were giving your own opinion and that what you stated came off as fact. I was very disappointed when I first came across that post because I have always been very courteous with you and thought of you to have higher journalistic integrity. Had you asked me about the situation, I would have been happy to tell you my side of the story, but you decided to go with your own version of what happened between me, Poker Stars & Bodog.

Evelyn
Old 03-18-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Re: WPT should be sued *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dids