Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do Pokerstars Flops Scare the shit out of you?
Yes, RIGGED 14 33.33%
No, OP is a donk 28 66.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: The Phil Gordon-Erick Lindgren Incident on PAD

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol that was awesome, Erick owned PG so hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? Lingren came off as a complete ass. After the hand PG was just making conversation with PA and EL went off Helmuth style. Worse, he just wouldn't let it drop (as if there were anything there to get pissy about in the first place). He kept going when drinks were being ordered and then some. I used to like EL, but now he goes in the arrogant ass bin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed the whole attitude thing right from the beginning of the show...Lindgren is too busy trying to ride Ivey's jock the whole night, like a pathetic freshman in Highschool, trying to get in with the senior football players.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol that was awesome, Erick owned PG so hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? Lingren came off as a complete ass. After the hand PG was just making conversation with PA and EL went off Helmuth style. Worse, he just wouldn't let it drop (as if there were anything there to get pissy about in the first place). He kept going when drinks were being ordered and then some. I used to like EL, but now he goes in the arrogant ass bin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed the whole attitude thing right from the beginning of the show...Lindgren is too busy trying to ride Ivey's jock the whole night, like a pathetic freshman in Highschool, trying to get in with the senior football players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe they're just really close friends. One or the other.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gordon has been acting strangley these days. Take a look at this exchange from Shaniacs blog:

Credit to Shaniac for these details:

"Pokerlistings.com is doing live updates on the event, and here's a worthwhile one (especially for fans of Phil the Groundhog Part 2) from today. After losing a three-way allin to Barry Greenstein with A7 vs KJ, the following takes place:

As Gordon gets up to leave, he complains about the nature of his beat, and the normally reserved Erik Cajelais asks him, "why don't you just take your beat and leave?"

Gordon, flabbergasted, stops packing to stare down Cajelais. "What the f-what the hell is your problem?"

"Just take your beat and leave," says Cajelais. "You'll be fine."

"We'll meet again," says Gordon, again starting to leave.

"You don't go deep enough in tournaments," says Cajelais. "We'll never meet."

Now Gordon, obviously more than a little irritated by the beat and the French-Canadian, spreads his arms in a show of strength and tells Cajelais, "Any time you want to go, we'll go."

He walks out, still repeating "anytime," as Cajelais agrees with him, "Anytime." But Gordon vanishes into the night, and Cajelais sticks around to count his chips and relax, knowing there's probably a Day 2 in his future."

[/ QUOTE ]

I 100% Dont BELEIVE that .

[/ QUOTE ]

That's certainly your decision. I don't see any reason why Shaniac would lie though. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't report it originally...I cited the source, Pokerlistings.com and quoted from their coverage. Here is my original blog entry with the link to pokerlistings.

I did talk to Erik C about it the next day, and he reported the story much the same. When I asked, "You think you could take him in a fight?" Erik scoffed and said, "it would be a short fight" and then at some point mimicked Phil fighting like a girl.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:47 PM

Let's polltard this up a bit.

vs.

and just for the hell of it:

vs.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:27 PM

DN comes off as really childish in that FCP thread. First, "OMG PHIL GORDON IS LOSING HIS MIND!!!!" [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Then that name-calling "rebuttal" of PG's blog complete with every hyperbole possible. Than when PG responds to DN's bashing in a civilized way, he nit-picks a statement of fact. He does nothing to applogize or retract his bashing of Gordon, instead he applies more of it. What a child! I'm also in the camp of thinking DN was a much better person than he actually is. He sounds like the nerdy High Schooler who tries too hard to be in the cool kids clique by bashing on another nerd.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:32 PM

I see..Im not hating on anyone but I must say I just cant believe it..but just because I can't believe it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Kinda hard to visualize Phil . G. Acting tough and all.

also I respect Daniel's game..but damn he is waaay to Liberal in his blogs, and was wrong in that article aswell.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't the only one that noticed this then. They may be friends but it seems everything Lindgren does the whole night he looks to Ivey for his reaction...sort of trying to impress him

G
Old 03-14-2007, 07:12 PM

Erick: We're very close friends, Phil and I.
Phil Ivey: Please don't say that on TV.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:59 PM

I used to have lots of respect for Eric Lindgren but he came across as a total *sshole on that show. Even his exit interview made for uncomfortable viewing, he looked like he just wanted to thrash the set.

Edit: Oh, and Gordon was right in his blog after all: sure enough, Lindgren bluffed off most of his chips while trying to outplay his opponent (Antonius) post-flop...
Old 03-14-2007, 08:57 PM

is there a vid of this anywhere?