Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Stats thread**

Yeah, that's what I suspected. I am surprised about the SB limp % though. It never seemed "off" to me. But when I think about it, it indeed might be a serious leak(even though the stats may be off a bit by playing much shorter than 6 at times). It's probably because I tend to try and steal the BB quite often(is this a bad action per se or is this a valid tactic, especially against the tighter players?).
In conclusion, I seriously need to read some material on these forums about preflop play, so I can get a pretty concrete idea about what I shouldn't be playing
Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:23 PM

I never open limp, and rarely limp after others. I do cold call with 22-88 in general and SC's on the button. Should I be RR'ing these types of hands more often?
Old 03-04-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never open limp, and rarely limp after others. I do cold call with 22-88 in general and SC's on the button. Should I be RR'ing these types of hands more often?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're just 25/11, so something's not right, you're just calling too much preflop.. I dunno. I'd say you're gonna lose money at higher limits because they don't pay off as easy.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's what I suspected. I am surprised about the SB limp % though. It never seemed "off" to me. But when I think about it, it indeed might be a serious leak(even though the stats may be off a bit by playing much shorter than 6 at times). It's probably because I tend to try and steal the BB quite often(is this a bad action per se or is this a valid tactic, especially against the tighter players?).
In conclusion, I seriously need to read some material on these forums about preflop play, so I can get a pretty concrete idea about what I shouldn't be playing
Thanks for the heads-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

stealing from the SB is a good idea if it folds to you, definately nothing wrong with that. but you dont need to get the idea that "oh its cheaper here to complete so I can call with more marginal hands". i think i have had this habit for a while but im starting to stop it. But when it limps around tho IMO it is ok to complete with more marginal hands cause if you hit your bound to stack but with only a couple limpers you should play like your in EP and fold a very wide range.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:35 AM

god damn some of you guys most run so hot. i cant sustain more than 3 or 4 bb/100 over more than 10k hands because im constantly getting sucked out on as a 70-90 percent favorite....

lucky bastards.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:55 AM

[image]http://www.i176.photobucket.com/albums/w183/ryanb99/AQPTstats.jpg?t=1173077607
[/image]

i suck w/AQ... i managed to lose 4bb's with it while i was posting this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2007, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have huge swings. Right now I'm on a -10 BI downswing. And I am a VERY positional player.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have 25+ buy in swings every 2-3 months .. i think youll be ok.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
god damn some of you guys most run so hot. i cant sustain more than 3 or 4 bb/100 over more than 10k hands because im constantly getting sucked out on as a 70-90 percent favorite....

lucky bastards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm, a lot of it has to be your game, because we get sucked out on too and we're still maintaining a winrate over 3-4. You gotta start looking for leaks and not blaming everything on suckouts. If I remember you right, you play way too many big pots (obv. you're gonna have variance when that happens).

I just looked, and my last 34k hands at PS I've run at 8.06ptbb/100 over nl25, nl50 and nl100. And I have lost so many hands where I got 2-outed or someone hit a gutshot or something.

It's not the only reason your winrate sucks.

(Sorry to be blunt)
Old 03-05-2007, 03:25 AM

over the past 3 weeks i could show you over 50 times getting sucked out on in all in pots w/ the best hand. if you want me to post them, ill gladly do it.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:27 AM

dude, you're sounding like FGators.. what about the times where they get allin bad and you win? I'm sure you've been in over 100 pots allin especially with your style. You win/lose just as much as everyone else in the long run.. I just don't think that's your only problem.