Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 04:46 AM

Default Re: ***Official*** LOST Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion -spoiler free-

i guess the teddy bear was kind of interesting ... what's also interesting is that only the bottom for characters were the tattoo he got in thailand ... its possible the rest of it is significant as well.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jacks lack of asking good questions is soooo maddening,

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Obviously an issue from the very beginning of the show, but to sit there and think that Jack would rather make sure Juliet is alright rather than force Ben to tell him WTF is going on is just bad TV ... Jack has completely had the upper hand since the whole Ben tumor thing but now it looks like he's letting his dick do the thinking. If Ben is *really* as powerful on the island as he's been built up to be, wouldn't there have been like 4 Others in the operating room when Jack was looking at the infection to make sure this rogue guy who they've captured and treated like [censored] wasn't going to take a scalpel to his neck?

Worst. Episode. Ever.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:05 AM

I loved it. I hope there are more episodes about Jack, Kate and Sawyer where nothing happens.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:22 AM

why would a Thai girl gives Jack a Chinese tattoo?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:49 AM

I missed the part about the teddy bear, will someone enlighten me please?
Old 02-22-2007, 10:19 AM

Put me in the camp of those that hated this episode. I'm a huge LOST fanboy, and can usually find some merit in every episode, but this one just sucked. Easily the worst ep of the series imo.

Maybe it's just me (but I don't think so) but does ANYONE really care about Jack's tattoos? Was there a legion of fans writing to ABC begging them to explain the great mystery that is Jack's tattoos? It's not like they're going to dedicate a show to how Hurley grew his hair, or when Charlie got his first guitar.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:20 AM

i actually enjoyed the episode.

i think the whole tattoo thing was just an insight into jack (nothing particularly new) and was leading toward an upcoming jack/ben power struggle to lead the others.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Put me in the camp of those that hated this episode. I'm a huge LOST fanboy, and can usually find some merit in every episode, but this one just sucked. Easily the worst ep of the series imo.

Maybe it's just me (but I don't think so) but does ANYONE really care about Jack's tattoos? Was there a legion of fans writing to ABC begging them to explain the great mystery that is Jack's tattoos? It's not like they're going to dedicate a show to how Hurley grew his hair, or when Charlie got his first guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]

they created a mystery and solved it 30 minutes later
Old 02-22-2007, 10:27 AM

I liked the episode.

I've always liked Lost for the flashbacks, the more irrelevant to the island the better. The first year especially, it was the best possible vehicle to put contemporary short stories on TV. A show with a different short story every week (like the Twilight Zone except not sci/fi) while an awesome idea, would never get ratings because you'd forget to watch next week. Lost had all these strangers on a plane and those first episodes could be anything you want.

These serial plots with the OMG WHAT DOES THE HATCH DO are everywhere, the show would never hold on that alone. And the more developed the characters are, the more restrictions get put on the short stories.

So I can't judge these episodes on how much they develop the main plot. I thought this short story was alright. Not great, but alright. I did like the punchline.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they created a mystery and solved it 30 minutes later

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Maybe they should focus on, oh I don't know, solving one of the 724 other mysteries that remain unanswered.