Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Doyles Room Leaves U.S. (Gambling 911)

A signed up with Doyle's Room just a couple of weeks ago.
I was hoping that they where going to stand tall in the fight for freedom. And just in case the great Doyle himself was going to be arrested (I don't think the autorities would have the balls for that) I wanted to support Doyle by giving him a small part of my bussines.

I'm a bit disapointed, because I think that Doyle getting arrested could be one of the best things happening to online poker.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:50 PM

I received this as well.

[ QUOTE ]
Here is "the email."

19 February 2007

Dear DoylesRoom Player,

This email is intended solely for US-based players at DoylesRoom.com. Please ignore this communication if you are based in any other country when playing poker at DoylesRoom.com.

In view of the passage of the Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act (“UIGEA”) and the cessation of operations by Neteller and other payment processors, the management of the Doyle Brunson Poker Network (“DBPN”) has reluctantly decided not to permit online real money play by USA-based players at DoylesRoom.com.

We know this will come as a disappointment to you but we have taken the view that the most prudent course of action is to conduct an orderly withdrawal from the United States Market.

Effective immediately, USA online poker players will not be permitted to sign up for real money play or deposit funds into existing accounts. Commencing March 1, 2007 all US play on DoylesRoom.com will be blocked and USA players will be able to access only the cashier page.

You may withdraw your funds at any time or, should you wish to enjoy uninterrupted play, we are pleased to announce the Full Tilt Poker has agreed to honor your account balance and action points. This account transfer option will be simple, immediate, allow you to maintain your action points and take advantage of Full Tilt’s wide range of fames and tournaments. The transfer feature will be available to USA customers within 24 hours. For more details log in the Client Software and click on CASHIER / DEPOSIT / DEPOSIT (at the top of the page).

We ask that players wishing to withdraw their funds be patient. DBPN assures all its players that their funds are safe but in view of the likely demands on processing staff in the forthcoming weeks, cash outs may take a little longer than usual to process.

DoylesRoom.com will continue to serve non-US players and will re- focus on Canada, Europe and Asia-Pacific.

We share your disappointment with this news and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

The Management

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-20-2007, 12:58 PM

whos next???
Old 02-20-2007, 01:35 PM

Support says the Doyles Room ---> Full Tilt transfer time is 24hrs.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:10 AM

This I already posted, but it seemed more relevant here.

From Doyle's book "Online Poker" referring to Doylesroom.com:

"While I don't have any ownership, nor do I participate in mangagement, I'm glad they're putting my name on it - because they're paying me a handsome endorsement fee, and because it's a site that makes me proud of my association."

That said, I don't think Doyle's room was better off than other small sites because of the name.

As a player there, I do have some advice on the Full Tilt transfer. As a degenerate, zero-patience player I talked myself into playing with the money I had ordered to transfer since I had 24 hours to wait. Well only a small percent transfered, and I'm on day 3 of waiting for the rest. Each of the last 2 days I was told it would be transferred at the end of the day. Guess I'll wait another 21 hours and get my hopes up once again. So once you transfer, be patient.

One thing I'll truley miss from Tribeca are those hosts. It's like going into any of the 3 surrounding gas stations and asking directions. I wish I would have had the idea to record all of those ridiculous conversations. Mostly friendly though.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:30 PM

I just transfered everything from DR to FT- will have to wait the time out. It really stinks that it has come to this, but I appreciate this transfer option. There aren't easy ways to move money right now, and this was a smart move by them. I wasn't on FT before (mostly starz), and because it qualifies as a first time deposit I am eligible for the 100% bonus! Thought people might like to know, but I suspect most of you are already on FT though...